Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would love any feedback on below configuration. This will be my first Porsche and yes, I am a bit over my budget but my birthday is coming soon.

Thanks already!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great. I got similar Mamba GTS but I wish I would have picked the 18-way seats, I picked all the other performance bits but thought I wanted a more comfort oriented seat, I was wrong. 14 ways are nice but I find myself bracing with my knees around corners more that I would want, but I came from a 911 so I am still adjusting, in many ways. I didn't get the Thermally and Noise insulated glass, i don't think I miss it but what do i know since I didn't get it. I got trailer hitch, haven't used it, but I'm glad I got it as i think I will use it, we will see. Overall, very happy, and starting to rev it out a bit since have 2000+ miles. Oh, and I still love the color, get tons of compliments on it. Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh, I think if I might take money from Thermal glass and use it for some color on the seatbelts and instrument cluster. The black interior is...very black. Cheers.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Oh, I think if I might take money from Thermal glass and use it for some color on the seatbelts and instrument cluster. The black interior is...very black. Cheers.
I agree. I would add the color to the gauges and the belts - mamba green? I have a black interior with red deviated stitching but the up charge is ridiculous, something like $4000 so I wouldn’t do that, although it adds a nice contrast. You have a lot of black exterior trim and I think black door handles would look great but this is totally subjective- you will get just as many opinions for as against. The Mamba Green will certainly be an attention getter for years to come - great choice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi All,

I would love any feedback on below configuration. This will be my first Porsche and yes, I am a bit over my budget but my birthday is coming soon.

Thanks already!
Congrats @mezzem. I don't know much about the thermal glass, but the description says something like reduces heat from sunlight. Never been to Canada but from what I've seen on TV I assume you're under snow 9 months of the year and could do with some warmth? I would put this money into sports mirrors like in @ghostcow's pic. Also, I've got white dials on my SB GTS and they're one of my favourite additions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies all, appreciate it!

@ghostcow great looking car! I was so torn between 14 and 18 ways, I am not a huge guy but thick legs because of the competitive soccer since I was a kid. I had to put lower bolster on widest position on 18 ways, I am sure I will never use it. And it didn't feel much different between 14 and 18 when it comes to upper bolster with my comfortable sitting position.

@smemick I am going for the Thermally and Noise insulated glass for the noise reduction rather than the heat. Snow is not around for 9 months but fair to say 6 months for the part I am living in. That being said, I still heard that it keeps the car cooler during the summer and with that option it's easier to heat the car during winter. I will keep the windows down and hear that sweet exhaust when I am driving alone but I want the car to be extremely quiet when my family is in on our long trips.

@ghostcow and @SEAMacanTurbo unfortunately they don't have green for the gauges and the belts. Such a bummer. And other colors/options either just didn't go well (my opinion obviously) with green or was too expensive to justify adding them. I think Mamba Green is a really bold statement stand alone, I wanted to keep interior on traditional side. And my 2 years old have lots of dolls to color up the interior :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Gorgeous! I have the 18 way seats and LOVE it. If I had to do it over, I would add red gauges, pricey yes, but black standard is meh. Other thing I wish I had added was surround view camera for backing up in tight spaces.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Great build. I would consider removing the glass upgrade and add sport mirrors and colored gauges. you will get more out of these and compliment the Macan better.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue.
46 Posts
@mezzem, did you check with the dealership to see if Mamba could still be ordered along with the 14 or 18 way seats?

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue.
46 Posts
Good. I’m pleased for you. Looks Great.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks already!
- I would add Surround View, the one thing on my '18 S that I wish that I gone over my budget for. If it helps prevent one parking lot ding or dent: paid for.

- I have the thermal/noise glass, and I would do it again. Make conversation easier, music better, and you can still hear the glorious exhaust note on upshifts.

- I would add the Cargo Management System, one of the cheapest physical and useful options you can get.

- If your budget can stand it, I would add deviated stitching. @Jellybean did this last year, in corresponding green on her Mamba Green GTS, and from the pics, it looks outstanding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@wspollack thanks for the feedback, I was really hoping for a confirmation on noise reduction. You made my day!

I will look into interior options to add some color to my build but they are usually very pricey and I am over my budget already.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
As a fellow friend of Mamba you have a great looking build.

I did spend the pennies on the fancy glass and to be honest I don’t see a difference in the noise or now that my area is starting to get hot, the heat on the inside when I go to leave after school. I think I need to double check to make sure that the factory added it 😊

I know you said that you were at the top of your budget, but I have to second @wspollack suggestion on getting the surround view camera system. I love it and I use it daily. Just so I don’t curb the wheels. The guy who details her would wring my neck if I killed the rims. 🤣

@mezzem I do agree with you about the gauges. I couldn’t find a color that I liked on the inside. You are going to love the full leather on the inside. I feel this makes the inside look so fabulous.

70D9022B-924F-4598-B1A6-C0CBED9894DC.jpeg
064EE016-D31F-4A15-841A-32CAB4191799.jpeg

The deviated stitching is just amazing BUT very pricy, and when I get in to drive, it makes my heart happy when I see it. But I know that I am weird.

No matter what, you are going to have an amazing Macan that people will stop and ask you about.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
17 Posts
Great Build. You can drive yourself crazy looking through options and seeing all the opinions on this forum. Get your must haves and then add what your revised budget will allow. Then just enjoy driving it, that’s what a Porsche is about IMO. Not sure if you looked at smokers pkg. It’s free and covers the hole in the centre console which some prefer but it reduces the size. Others like the space open for phone...

·
Registered
94 Posts
As a fellow friend of Mamba you have a great looking build.

I did spend the pennies on the fancy glass and to be honest I don’t see a difference in the noise or now that my area is starting to get hot, the heat on the inside when I go to leave after school. I think I need to double check to make sure that the factory added it 😊

I know you said that you were at the top of your budget, but I have to second @wspollack suggestion on getting the surround view camera system. I love it and I use it daily. Just so I don’t curb the wheels. The guy who details her would wring my neck if I killed the rims. 🤣

@mezzem I do agree with you about the gauges. I couldn’t find a color that I liked on the inside. You are going to love the full leather on the inside. I feel this makes the inside look so fabulous.

View attachment 242136 View attachment 242135

The deviated stitching is just amazing BUT very pricy, and when I get in to drive, it makes my heart happy when I see it. But I know that I am weird.

No matter what, you are going to have an amazing Macan that people will stop and ask you about.
That deviates stitching is so hot. I can’t even take it! Wow wow wow!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deviated stitching indeed is amazing. However, I went over my budget for full leather package, no regrets, and now really can't spend another 4k for stitching. I thought a lot on surround view camera system and decided to not go for it. Parking lots and streets are accommodating easy parking where I live.

One update, I have removed the entry and drive after learning it's not remote start. I added sport design mirrors for that money :) I will print mamba green key shells from my 3D printer and it will be great pleasure to use it for ignition every time! And that key will look hot, hanging down on key rack :D

·
Premium Member
2020 Macan GTS
57 Posts
This is my 2020 GTS. I got natural leather espresso interior. Even though I wasn't too much limited by $$$ I decided against deviated stitching which objectively could be very nice. Got 18-way seats (love them) and thermally insulated windows too. My thirst for deviated stitching will be satisfied when my 2021 718 Boxster arrives in a week or so ...
Good luck on your build.

Reactions: GHL

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Deviated stitching indeed is amazing. However, I went over my budget for full leather package, no regrets, and now really can't spend another 4k for stitching. I thought a lot on surround view camera system and decided to not go for it. Parking lots and streets are accommodating easy parking where I live.

One update, I have removed the entry and drive after learning it's not remote start. I added sport design mirrors for that money :) I will print mamba green key shells from my 3D printer and it will be great pleasure to use it for ignition every time! And that key will look hot, hanging down on key rack :D
If you frequently switch drivers in your family, having memory settings for each driver is a very nice feature. I’m not sure you’ll get that without Entry & Drive.

If you’re the sole driver, not such a big deal.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts