Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who have had your Macan for a bit and go to the dealer for service, in what price range are the scheduled maintenance appointments and oil changes? Do you think that the pre-paid maintenance plans are worth it?

The general opinion online seems to be that they are not worth it (especially the shorter ones) but was wondering if there are regional difference in costs that might make it worth while here considering that there isn't much competition?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Those of you who have had your Macan for a bit and go to the dealer for service, in what price range are the scheduled maintenance appointments and oil changes? Do you think that the pre-paid maintenance plans are worth it?

The general opinion online seems to be that they are not worth it (especially the shorter ones) but was wondering if there are regional difference in costs that might make it worth while here considering that there isn't much competition?
Next door in Saskatchewan, I was told maintenance costs for 4 yrs would run about 4K, with the last year taking up almost half the 4K. I paid 2250.00 for a four year 60K maintenance plan. I thought it was worth it.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Your first year/15k km service will run about $400, the second year/30k km is about double that from memory.

I don't think there are massive savings to be had with the pre-purchased maintenance plan, but then again if you are definitely keeping the vehicle for at least the full term of the plan, there's always that sense of elation at receiving a $0 bill come service time...even if you have already paid for it 2 years prior ;)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
In Ontario, 15km service is really just for oil and oil filter change and nothing else. Cost is about $400-$500 + taxes. If you want to save a bit of $, then just buy your own oil & oil filter kit (filter, o-ring and washer, at about $50 @ dealership pricing) and 8.5 litres of 0w40 oil when on sale. The whole job at your indep shop should charge you about $25 of labor. In all, $140 all included. Saving of $300 net.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
I would not pay more than $200 for an oil change. Luckily some of our local dealers charge $179 for it so I will do it at the dealer.

Other maintenance includes engine air filter and cabin air filter change, which you can do it yourself easily. Brake fluid flush can be done at any indy shop, as is spark plug change. The only other thing I would let dealer do is the PDK fluid change, about $500-600.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next door in Saskatchewan, I was told maintenance costs for 4 yrs would run about 4K, with the last year taking up almost half the 4K. I paid 2250.00 for a four year 60K maintenance plan. I thought it was worth it.
I got similar costs for maintenance from my dealer. Did you negotiate the price on the maintenance plan or is $2250 their regular rate? My dealer charges more for 4 years. Since it is a Porsche Maintenance plan that is honored at all Porsche dealers, I was wondering, why not buy it at a dealer that has a "cheaper" rate since all dealers have to honor it? Unless it can only be purchased from the original dealer? There's probably some fineprint somewhere...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I got similar costs for maintenance from my dealer. Did you negotiate the price on the maintenance plan or is $2250 their regular rate? My dealer charges more for 4 years. Since it is a Porsche Maintenance plan that is honored at all Porsche dealers, I was wondering, why not buy it at a dealer that has a "cheaper" rate since all dealers have to honor it? Unless it can only be purchased from the original dealer? There's probably some fineprint somewhere...
I didn't try and negotiate. IF the dealer was honest with his numbers of what 4 yrs of maintenance costs, paying 2250 for 4K worth of service seemed like a good deal to me. I may feel different after 3 years but as I was told, almost half the 4K service requirements will come in the last year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I cannot speak for costs in Alberta, however I have just had my 15K (1 Year) Service completed at Porsche Oakville and the bill was CDN$520.00 :eek:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
FWIW, my 30,000 mile service last week was US$900. It mainly involved oil change and plug replacement.
I prefer to pay as I go, unless there is a significant saving by paying in advance. I think prepaid plans are more for the benefit of people who have trouble coming up with the money at the time it is needed.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
"Only" $446 at Porsche of London incl. HST and free loaner and 3 software updates at 15k km. Price included new front wipers and new batteries in both keys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good independent Porsche Service Centre in Edmonton? I would like to shop around as $400 for an oil change is hard to swallow.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
for 30,000km, I did the oil change, in cabin filter change (pretty dirty), air filter change (not too bad, could have waited til 45,000km or a bit more) & brake fluid flush and fill. Other than that, nothing else is deemed necessary.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
As an avowed DIYer, I like the idea of doing my own services. The only extra thing the dealer brings to the table are code downloads, hardware updates and software patches. Hardware updates should be free, codes can be downloaded with Durametric or PWIS testers etc. If I did my own work and drove into the dealer and asked for software updates, would they do that for free ? I suppose so, but never tried.

My general,experience with new cars under warranty is what you save in maintenance by DIY, you lose in resale, even if you keep all receipts. The next buyer has no idea what your level of competence is and discounts it accordingly.

On older cars, DIY is expected. No one is going to offer me less on my 911s because I maintain them myself.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My thoughts were that I would get the dealership to do the regular services while the vehicle is still under lease and warranty. If I decide to keep the Macan beyond lease, I'll likely do my own. I factored the servicing costs into my cost comparison when looking at new vehicles, as some of the other premium brand vehicles I was looking at included the first years of servicing in the pricing of the vehicle. The Porsche package does seem pricey, but haven't found anything Porsche that is not.

·
Registered
62 Posts
15K Service

Just had my 15,000 km service at Porsche Edmonton Centre. $289.00 taxes in. (About $150 US, LOL). Pleasantly surprised.:) Took about 1 1/2 hrs and the Macan got a clean bill of health and so far no issues.

I got a Panamera 4 as my loaner, nice car and if I was looking for a 4 door sedan, a 4S or GTS would be on the short list.;)

Dan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts