Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm fortunate enough to be married a to a wonderful guy who also got tired of hearing me gushing every time I saw a Targa. He's not as Targa-obsessed as I am, but he found a fantastic deal on a new 2019 Targa 4 GTS. It replaces our 2017 991.2 GTS, which sold quickly, fortunately. It's very nicely optioned & isn't missing anything that we'd want. Many, many thanks to Simon (@slw23), who was kind enough to check it out for us. We can't thank him enough! We're cross country from the dealership that we got it from, so we really were worried about dealing from so far away.

Carrara White with the black GTS interior. Silver seat belts. Lousy pics of the kid showing it off. I'm over the moon!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very nice! Always liked the Targa. Also congrats on the longest possible trim badge. :)
Thanks. Agree - that's too much lettering on the back! I'm a little surprised that they didn't squeeze the "Carrara" on there, too! Our 997 just says, "turbo" on the back. The Hubs is thinking out taking everything thing off, but the "targa".

Reactions: trusted

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Beautiful targa! Wish you many happy miles ahead!

Reactions: Macanakey

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Congratulations I am so excited for you! You have gotten my dream car. I know you are going to have a blast driving it. Sounds like you have a great hubby!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
So @Macanakey, he used to be the 'hubster' or the 'spousal unit', but now that he bought you a Targa GTS he's a 'wonderful guy'?? That may be what I'm missing with my wife of decades. Worth a try? Kidding; enjoy the Targa! It's stunning! My first 911 was a white 1987 Targa.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I was justing thinking about you guys, glad to see the car made it out to you. It is truly beautiful with a great spec, I hope it was everything you were expecting and more! I have to admit, you have given me the itch for a Targa (my wife thinks I’m crazy as she watches me build it out on the configurator ;)), maybe one day...

Glad I could help and enjoy it in good health!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Congratulations !! I know a guy who has an entire floor of a building with a collection of Porsches and another floor dedicated to Ferrari . His personal favorite car to drive is your car . He absolutely loves the Targa . His is your identical car but in jet black metallic . I must say that opening the top is a show and watching it open so quickly is quite impressive . Enjoy in the best of health .

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So @Macanakey, he used to be the 'hubster' or the 'spousal unit', but now that he bought you a Targa GTS he's a 'wonderful guy'?? That may be what I'm missing with my wife of decades. Worth a try? Kidding; enjoy the Targa! It's stunning! My first 911 was a white 1987 Targa.
He's still the Hubster, but his title's been upgraded a bit! The Targa really is my dream car & I never imagined that we'd actually have one. Even the Hubster kept stepping out to look at it. He admitted that while he really liked the previous GTS, he thinks this oneis even more beautiful. I was trying to figure out if we could drive into our entryway at home, just so I could lay on the couch & admire it all night long.

The delivery rig was so big, that it couldn't come down our street. It had to park at the entryway to our subdivision, so of course, it was a grand show seeing it get unloaded. We had a lot of neighbors stop to see what was coming off the transporter, & a few commented as to how gorgeous it was.

Reactions: Hokie and wspollack

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sahweet Congrats, beautiful car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts