Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See photos.

The vertical wiring harness next to driver side hood hinge.
Factory wrapped in textured, black, cloth, electrical tape.

Mine was unravelling so, I wrapped some shiny, black, plastic, electrical tape over it to better secure the wiring.

But 1 piece of factory tape attached the harness to the metal hood hinge.

IDK if it is supposed to do that (seems useless) or… if, as the tape unraveled, it just stuck there & I should pull it off & do a better job of rewrapping this wiring harness so it is better secured & looks neater.

Macan hood wiring harness 1.jpg

Macan hood wiring harness 3.jpg

Reactions: Boater260

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
You can get the cloth black tape on Amazon. I use whenever I am looming in the car as it will match factory, and it sticks better, won’t crack, etc.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Tapes are often unreliable. Maybe a small cable tie to hold it in place where it's coming adrift?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! So it is supposed to be attached...properly.
I need to buy that Tesa cloth tape, remove my vinyl tape. securely rewrap with the Tesa tape & then put several loops through that black metal piece adjacent to my blue metal hinge.

Reactions: Mactech

·
Registered
2020 Macan S - Volcano Grey
32 Posts
On my 2020 model, the wiring harness is secured by tape to a small plastic support, which is clipped into the hood hinge arm....the same as in @Mactech photo.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I prefer using braided nylon split loom to protect wiring. Comes in various sizes, and I keep several in my shop to make repairs.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bought the Tesa #51036 cloth tape from Amazon & rewrapped it.
Much better! Macan hood wiring harness - Fixed 1.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts