Porsche Macan Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK. Yesterday I test drove the Macan. Well 2 of them. First was the base unit. And it is a nice car. Really well balanced, firm but not jarring suspension, tracks where you aim it, and does everything well. Great interior. And has enough pep. So I'm thinking maybe I'm home.

Then he drops me into an S model. Uh uh. The base unit is not gonna make it. Pretty sure I'll end up in a Macan S in the next week or two. There aren't a huge number of different colors and stuff to choose from but I'm trying to get over the idea of a black car. I've never owned a black car cause I am a lazy git. I do not like to wash my cars a lot. But they have a few of them in stock and I assume they deal more aggressively on inventory. Might ask him for his best price soon.

Also considering a few used ones. There is a 2020 with 1000 miles in stock that was apparently a sales managers car or something. Can't even find in carafe where it was titled but they are selling as used. Not CPO. It has an acceptable feature set and color combo (well White/black). Wondering how much I should get off of that.

Anyhow, I'll update if I ever actually buy a car. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
And I'm waffling again. Wondering if a Cayenne S is the best of both worlds. Bit bigger but still sporty. Used one for sale I need to drive. I think if I go Macan S there is one coming soon that is the right colors and absolutely loaded at $85 MSRP. Wondering what you all think a fair price for that is?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
The X5 is quite a bit bigger than the Macan. How about an X3, or an X3M? I replaced my 2016 Turbo with an X3MC at the end of last year. The Spousal Unit's daily driver is an X5M. I prefer the size of my X3 to his X5 for daily driving. The X5 feels noticeably bigger than the X3. The X3's cabin feels more spacious than the Macan's does, & it's got more cargo room than the Macan did, thanks to the lines of the hatch. I think the interior touches in the Macan are nicer, & the X3's sports seats don't hold a candle to my Macan's 18-way seats. The X3 feels more responsive than my Macan did. I added a Cobb tune to the Macan, but don't feel the need to tune the X3.

I don't think the Cayenne handles & feels the same way the Macan does. The Cayenne is nicely sized, but it drives more like an SUV than the Macan does. You'd have to decide whether you're more interested in driving & handling or size & utility if you're comparing those two.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. The X3 xDrive 40i is the backup choice now to the Macan S. I agree with everything you posted and a good review it is. In the end I don't do a lot of daily driving so I want it to be fun and doesn't have to be really big. Hence the Macan is leading. The test now is how they respond to discount requests. I sent emails 30 minutes ago to my local dealers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Deal is done. Bought a new base model Cayenne. After driving the Macan again decided I did not like the way I fit into the seat. Cayenne was better despite being a lot less sporty. Happy with it as it is.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts