Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many months my October order left the Leipzig compound 5/20 and arrived in Emden 5/25 and hopefully will be loaded on the next ship out? I do not have the ships name yet but I believe there are a few vehicle carriers in dock now or expected. Does anyone know which ship or ships come into Halifax? Is anyone else waiting for a Porsche that has just been built?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully you see your new Turbo soon!

I'm waiting for my 2020 Macan GTS I ordered May 12th. I was told this past Saturday my order is now at the point where I can't change it, and it should be at the dealership August 7th.

·
Registered
309 Posts
After many months my October order left the Leipzig compound 5/20 and arrived in Emden 5/25 and hopefully will be loaded on the next ship out? I do not have the ships name yet but I believe there are a few vehicle carriers in dock now or expected. Does anyone know which ship or ships come into Halifax? Is anyone else waiting for a Porsche that has just been built?
That's marvellous news! Regarding the exact specificities of shipping schedules, it might be worth getting in contact with your sales associate (or appropriate person at the dealership). No doubt, you'll be enjoying your Macan soon!

·
Registered
Macan Turbo on order
4 Posts
Congratulations and great news.

On the side I am so pleased you call a ship a ship and not a boat as so many incorrectly do!

Our Turbo begins its build on the 6th June we understand. Cant wait to eventually receive it.

Look forward to your pics in due course!

·
Registered
24 Posts
My GTS arrived at Emden 5/28 we might be on the same ship. Many times the Halifax and Davisville ports are on the same ship. If i get any updates from my SA I will let you know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My GTS arrived at Emden 5/28 we might be on the same ship. Many times the Halifax and Davisville ports are on the same ship. If i get any updates from my SA I will let you know.
You're probably right! Makes sense considering the time line. The last build sheet I received from my SA was that my vehicle's expected exit from Emden was 6/12 so expected delivery as per my SA should be early July.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still wating for my Turbo which has been sitting in Emden since 5/25. My SA informed me that my vehicle would be on the Mediterranean Highway which was in Port at Emden around that time and arrived in Halifax on 6/5 and then on to Davisville 6/8, Huston and Veracruz Mx. Apparently my vehicle did not make that ship. Mediterranean Highway is currently on its way to Veracruz Mx estimated arrival 6/19 and then back to Emden I assume. The latest info I have is that my vehicle will be loaded on 6/26 which fits in with the timing of the Mediterranin Highway returning to Emden. SA told me that they are expecting their next delivery of porche's 7/10, so just a few more weeks! Assume yours would be on that ship unless you already got it ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine made the Columbia Highway which docked and departed Davisville yesterday. It skipped the Halifax port. There was a ship that was supposed to leave Emden yesterday the Siem Confucius scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 26th. Maybe you got on that one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine made the Columbia Highway which docked and departed Davisville yesterday. It skipped the Halifax port. There was a ship that was supposed to leave Emden yesterday the Siem Confucius scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 26th. Maybe you got on that one.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep on tracking, the ships that is!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info! I'll keep on tracking, the ships that is!
I do believe you're right that my vehicle is on the Siem Confucius. I checked the schedule and it did arrive in Emden on the 12th and that is the date that my vehicle build schedule said it would be exiting Port of Emden. The ship was moored for 4 days and as you mentioned it is currently on its way to Halifax arriving on the 26th. So I'm pretty sure that it is on this ship!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Macan Turbo leaving Emden on 6/16 to Benicia on the West Coast. Looks like it's scheduled to dock on July 14th. The ship is the Glovis Sunrise. Any sense on timing once the ship arrives in port the time to get to the dealer?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Macan Turbo leaving Emden on 6/16 to Benicia on the West Coast. Looks like it's scheduled to dock on July 14th. The ship is the Glovis Sunrise. Any sense on timing once the ship arrives in port the time to get to the dealer?
My 18 S took 4 days from arrival at Benicia to dealer (in WA state).

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 18 S took 4 days from arrival at Benicia to dealer (in WA state).
Good to know, thank you. I'm in Utah so about the same distance. Perhaps it will get here by the end of July. It was supposed to arrive in February so I'm way past optimism at this point.😒

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@Hardsoulpoet 😱😪

I'm so sorry that it has taken extra months for your car to get to you. Building it and waiting the four months is painful, but adding on additional months must just be awful! I hope your dealer is going to treat you right by taking something off the cost or throwing in plenty of perks for your long wait. I can't wait to see pictures once she finally hits your home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts