Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many months my October order left the Leipzig compound 5/20 and arrived in Emden 5/25 and hopefully will be loaded on the next ship out? I do not have the ships name yet but I believe there are a few vehicle carriers in dock now or expected. Does anyone know which ship or ships come into Halifax? Is anyone else waiting for a Porsche that has just been built?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Congrats! Hopefully you see your new Turbo soon!

I'm waiting for my 2020 Macan GTS I ordered May 12th. I was told this past Saturday my order is now at the point where I can't change it, and it should be at the dealership August 7th.

·
Registered
400 Posts
After many months my October order left the Leipzig compound 5/20 and arrived in Emden 5/25 and hopefully will be loaded on the next ship out? I do not have the ships name yet but I believe there are a few vehicle carriers in dock now or expected. Does anyone know which ship or ships come into Halifax? Is anyone else waiting for a Porsche that has just been built?
That's marvellous news! Regarding the exact specificities of shipping schedules, it might be worth getting in contact with your sales associate (or appropriate person at the dealership). No doubt, you'll be enjoying your Macan soon!

·
Registered
Carmine Red Macan Turbo
17 Posts
Congratulations and great news.

On the side I am so pleased you call a ship a ship and not a boat as so many incorrectly do!

Our Turbo begins its build on the 6th June we understand. Cant wait to eventually receive it.

Look forward to your pics in due course!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My GTS arrived at Emden 5/28 we might be on the same ship. Many times the Halifax and Davisville ports are on the same ship. If i get any updates from my SA I will let you know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My GTS arrived at Emden 5/28 we might be on the same ship. Many times the Halifax and Davisville ports are on the same ship. If i get any updates from my SA I will let you know.
You're probably right! Makes sense considering the time line. The last build sheet I received from my SA was that my vehicle's expected exit from Emden was 6/12 so expected delivery as per my SA should be early July.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still wating for my Turbo which has been sitting in Emden since 5/25. My SA informed me that my vehicle would be on the Mediterranean Highway which was in Port at Emden around that time and arrived in Halifax on 6/5 and then on to Davisville 6/8, Huston and Veracruz Mx. Apparently my vehicle did not make that ship. Mediterranean Highway is currently on its way to Veracruz Mx estimated arrival 6/19 and then back to Emden I assume. The latest info I have is that my vehicle will be loaded on 6/26 which fits in with the timing of the Mediterranin Highway returning to Emden. SA told me that they are expecting their next delivery of porche's 7/10, so just a few more weeks! Assume yours would be on that ship unless you already got it ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine made the Columbia Highway which docked and departed Davisville yesterday. It skipped the Halifax port. There was a ship that was supposed to leave Emden yesterday the Siem Confucius scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 26th. Maybe you got on that one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine made the Columbia Highway which docked and departed Davisville yesterday. It skipped the Halifax port. There was a ship that was supposed to leave Emden yesterday the Siem Confucius scheduled to arrive in Halifax on the 26th. Maybe you got on that one.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep on tracking, the ships that is!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info! I'll keep on tracking, the ships that is!
I do believe you're right that my vehicle is on the Siem Confucius. I checked the schedule and it did arrive in Emden on the 12th and that is the date that my vehicle build schedule said it would be exiting Port of Emden. The ship was moored for 4 days and as you mentioned it is currently on its way to Halifax arriving on the 26th. So I'm pretty sure that it is on this ship!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Macan Turbo leaving Emden on 6/16 to Benicia on the West Coast. Looks like it's scheduled to dock on July 14th. The ship is the Glovis Sunrise. Any sense on timing once the ship arrives in port the time to get to the dealer?

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
270 Posts
I'm in a similar boat (no pun intended). Macan Turbo leaving Emden on 6/16 to Benicia on the West Coast. Looks like it's scheduled to dock on July 14th. The ship is the Glovis Sunrise. Any sense on timing once the ship arrives in port the time to get to the dealer?
My 18 S took 4 days from arrival at Benicia to dealer (in WA state).

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 18 S took 4 days from arrival at Benicia to dealer (in WA state).
Good to know, thank you. I'm in Utah so about the same distance. Perhaps it will get here by the end of July. It was supposed to arrive in February so I'm way past optimism at this point.😒

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
@Hardsoulpoet 😱😪

I'm so sorry that it has taken extra months for your car to get to you. Building it and waiting the four months is painful, but adding on additional months must just be awful! I hope your dealer is going to treat you right by taking something off the cost or throwing in plenty of perks for your long wait. I can't wait to see pictures once she finally hits your home.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Turbo has finally arrived today at the Dealership in London, ON. Have not seen it yet and will probably have to wait a little while longer for them to get it ready. Apparently they have quite a few to PDI and with Covid-19 work restrictions and extreme heat we are experiencing work is progressing slowly. I expect another 10 days. I plan to get PPF on the front end of the vehicle i.e hood, fenders and mirrors and debating whether to get extended warranty and dent insurance? Any thoughts on this? Has anyone purchased the extended warrant and at what cost?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Turbo has finally arrived today at the Dealership in London, ON. Have not seen it yet and will probably have to wait a little while longer for them to get it ready. Apparently they have quite a few to PDI and with Covid-19 work restrictions and extreme heat we are experiencing work is progressing slowly. I expect another 10 days. I plan to get PPF on the front end of the vehicle i.e hood, fenders and mirrors and debating whether to get extended warranty and dent insurance? Any thoughts on this? Has anyone purchased the extended warrant and at what cost?
Picked up my 2020 Macan Turbo July 20th two months short of a year from order date but the wait was worth it! Have now drive it for a month and it is just a joy to drive. I have not pushed it yet and still learning all the functions which may take me some time yet. In hindsight I would probably pass on a number of options not frequently used and would not feel the difference but I just had to have them? I think this car is quick enough without chrono and when would I use launch control? Would also probably not notice a significant difference in ride quality without air suspension. A few other items I could do without were lighting plus and logo on headrests. Love the ACC and surround view and wish I had added the wireless cell pkg. I did opt for the extended warranty, PFP and dent protection. Installed Blackview DR750S dash cam. Now searching for winter tire package, cost from Porsche is absolutely insane! Searching out aftermarket deals, most promising is Wheelsco Out of Aurora. Considered windshield and tire & rim but thought cost was too high and passed on that, I’ll takes chances!

t. 56E0B224-1E9A-46C9-92E0-B3A17C27ACFF.jpeg 66215641-B527-4AD6-949B-13EE4B5CC30E.jpeg 131FA65B-96E0-40FF-B1D0-C1C4573DB503.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and have been impressed with how quick it is. Feels must faster than the 2017 Macan GTS I traded in for. On winter tires, I purchased aftermarket wheels online that are Porsche replicas and then tires from Tirerack. Have used them two seasons on my GTS and had zero issues. Porsche's pricing is ridiculous and follows its ad hoc car option pricing.

·
Registered
Carmine Red Macan Turbo
17 Posts
Picked up my 2020 Macan Turbo July 20th two months short of a year from order date but the wait was worth it! Have now drive it for a month and it is just a joy to drive. I have not pushed it yet and still learning all the functions which may take me some time yet. In hindsight I would probably pass on a number of options not frequently used and would not feel the difference but I just had to have them? I think this car is quick enough without chrono and when would I use launch control? Would also probably not notice a significant difference in ride quality without air suspension. A few other items I could do without were lighting plus and logo on headrests. Love the ACC and surround view and wish I had added the wireless cell pkg. I did opt for the extended warranty, PFP and dent protection. Installed Blackview DR750S dash cam. Now searching for winter tire package, cost from Porsche is absolutely insane! Searching out aftermarket deals, most promising is Wheelsco Out of Aurora. Considered windshield and tire & rim but thought cost was too high and passed on that, I’ll takes chances!

t. View attachment 233787 View attachment 233790 View attachment 233789
Congratulations. Looks great. ours has just arrived to the Dealer. We will probably see it hopefully next week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congratulations. Looks great. ours has just arrived to the Dealer. We will probably see it hopefully next week.
I'm sure you will be impressed, it is beautiful car, rides great and quick. Takes a while with getting to know all the car functions. Interested to know what you think once you've driven it for a while. I am very happy with mine, to me the enjoyment I get out of driving this car is worth the price! Appropriately named my ride "Lady Kostalot"......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts