Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No big surprises here, but good to see these out on the street so we can get a better sense of size and presence on the road.

S:

turbo:

·
Registered
25 Posts
has Exterior Package in Black (High-Gloss)

I like that too. $230.00 us

"Side window trim and rear bumper trim strip in Black (high-gloss)
NOTE:
Trim strip on the rear bumper is available in Black only when i.c.w. Black and Jet Black Metallic exterior colors."

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Had my heart set on a white one, but that black does look nice.
And I think I will have to go for the lack of Model designation now as well
Same. Was so happy to get white since it looked great in photos and the promo videos, but on the road when there are other cars it does look a bit ugly. Those side blades are an eyesore!!

Seriously considering black now

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm reserving judgment on the side blades until I see them in person. If I don't like them, it seems $100 at the local tint shop would get color matched vinyl applied over them. ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm reserving judgment on the side blades until I see them in person. If I don't like them, it seems $100 at the local tint shop would get color matched vinyl applied over them. ;)
Even colour-matched they still look a bit tacky to me:

They are a design feature and most people love them the first time they see them, but looking at the car in the unhealthy quantities that I am, I am seeing it more as something that needs to be fixed :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
That was the video that originally convinced me to get a white Macan :) I am lazy with washing my car so ease of maintenance is definitely a plus. I think if I am the only car on a mountain pass then it will look good but on a normal road with other cars around (as in first post) it somehow draws attention to itself.

A bit of a mind game here too... on the Turbo it comes standard in the exterior colour, so my brain is seeing it as a "model differentiation panel"

I think the panel would look nice in exterior colour but the bottom edge of it in carbon :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.