Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Porsche Macan Turbo 2020
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have been driving around for a while now, but only took pictures today... And forgot to take pics of the interior (agate grey / pebble). The car is perfect for me, can't think of anything I would've wanted differently, but I do have almost all options and planning to keep it for years. Here is my build (used the UK generator, but located in different country: The Porsche Code).

·
Premium Member
Porsche Macan Turbo 2020
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very beautiful , stunning !
Get a CETE lowering module on the AS and relieve that wheel gap :)

2016 Macan T
Thanks! I don’t mind the gap, this is lowest AS setting and still comfortable. We have a lot of speed bumps here unfortunately.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Amazing build @chuppy ! This is prolly the first time I truly like the clear light bar, it works with the dolomite silver. Congrats.

I'm also surprised on how much options you have to manually select with the UK config. Rear side airbag? Privacy glass? HomeLink? Comfort lighting? just to name a few. On a turbo too, wow. On the other hand, you have so much leather options in there. Don't mind some pics of the interior too, when you have the chance.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats! One of the best Macans on the forum for sure. Fully optioned and I like the monotone look you have going, the last shot is my favorite, reminds of when Astons started going with clear tail lights. It goes perfectly with the painted diffuser, calipers and subtle black accents. Absolutely gorgeous (y)

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Thanks! I don’t mind the gap, this is lowest AS setting and still comfortable. We have a lot of speed bumps here unfortunately.
Lots of annoying speed bumps here as well. The beauty of the Bluetooth app is that I can add 20mm to comfort mode to absolute float mode:)

I think if you engage “off road” at plus 40mm there are other restrictions.

2016 Macan T

·
Registered
105 Posts
What a classy combo, CHUPPY !!

Could you please capture & post some shots of your Agate/Pebble grey interior . . .
You gotta show us all those extra leather bits in that great interior color, too !!

(Agate & Pebble is probably the interior I'd go with, if I decide to order a 2020 Turbo)...

THANK YOU !!

·
Registered
105 Posts
... ALSO - can you please offer any comparisons to Gen .1 Macan / Turbo ??

• the new infotainment system
  • the new engine and PDK tuning
  • feel of the "revised" suspension geometry & hardware
  • that awesome Burmester audio system AND insulated glass combo - WOW
  • any new operational frustrations ??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gorgeous car and love the dolomite silver. Just took delivery of my Macan Turbo in black last week. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
Porsche Macan Turbo 2020
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will make interior photos soon, weather has been pretty bad, so keeping it safe in the garage.

... ALSO - can you please offer any comparisons to Gen .1 Macan / Turbo ??

• the new infotainment system
  • the new engine and PDK tuning
  • feel of the "revised" suspension geometry & hardware
  • that awesome Burmester audio system AND insulated glass combo - WOW
  • any new operational frustrations ??
I really like the new infotainment system, it offers everything you need in a user-friendly way. A few months ago I had a BMW 5 serie with the new iDrive, but I prefer the Porsche's system.

About the new engine, very powerful and smooth. The GTS engine was more raw and unpolished, bit more character (def more sound), but the power of the 2.9 is more usable and almost no turbo lag. Power is just there whenever you need it. Something I noticed is that sport mode is more similar to normal mode in GTS but with better response, so sport+ is sport mode in GTS. Sport mode PDK in the GTS stayed in low gears way to long, this is fixed in the Turbo. I now almost always put it in sport mode, it's smarter. Mileage is also way better.

Suspension was already very good on the GTS, but even that's improved. What I didn't expect was how noticeable PTV Plus is, even in 'normal' driving, it really gives an extra dimension, hard to explain. I highly recommend test-driving one with and without. But the way this thing corners, still unbelievable.

Burmester with Flac files... worth it. I wonder how much the insulated glass will help in summer, that was one of the reasons for choosing it.

The only 'frustration' I have with this car is that's it's the last of it's kind, next one electric. brrrrrr.

I had a Gen 1. GTS before this, so compared it to that:
Received my Turbo! Will post some pics this week. Coming from a Macan GTS, I am very happy with the upgrade. But it’s a totally different car, for me in a good way, but not for everyone I can imagine. I like the GTS, but did not like the turbo lag (missed power) and I really wanted a custom order. Had the standard audio and now the Burmester for example. The Turbo feels like a much more sophisticated car, effortless power and very smooth. The GTS at times I found a bit childish, making pops and bangs, while not being that fast. The Turbo is quiet, but I like it. It’s not too quiet. I am still taking it slowly of course, but first impression: perfect. Will post a better review after a few weeks. Regarding options, I have the whole list except for ceramic brakes. The surface coated brakes are unbelievable good. My passengers love it, because you can brake like a limo driver but hard (and still smooth) when needed.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have been driving around for a while now, but only took pictures today... And forgot to take pics of the interior (agate grey / pebble). The car is perfect for me, can't think of anything I would've wanted differently, but I do have almost all options and planning to keep it for years. Here is my build (used the UK generator, but located in different country: The Porsche Code).

View attachment 229545
View attachment 229531
View attachment 229546
Congratulations! Looks absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy in great health!

·
Registered
2016 Macan Turbo
11 Posts
Very nice color choice. We have the Rhodium Silver which we like, however I really like the shade your silver casts. Very nice looking. Enjoy!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Chuppy - Really appreciate the comparos to your Gen 1 GTS...

No Turbos have made it to the USA yet, so I need all the info from ROW owners that I can get ....

A 'smarter', yet responsive Sport mode would be a very welcomed change - - I'd use it a lot more than I can now in my Gen 1 Turbo...

Gotta assume you are in a country saddled with the new OPF particulate filter...
From what I've read about 2020's w/OPF so far, Sport mode - not Sport+ - is the only mode where the new exhaust is allowed to offer any pops/crackles/character.

·
Premium Member
Porsche Macan Turbo 2020
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chuppy - Really appreciate the comparos to your Gen 1 GTS...

No Turbos have made it to the USA yet, so I need all the info from ROW owners that I can get ....

A 'smarter', yet responsive Sport mode would be a very welcomed change - - I'd use it a lot more than I can now in my Gen 1 Turbo...

Gotta assume you are in a country saddled with the new OPF particulate filter...
From what I've read about 2020's w/OPF so far, Sport mode - not Sport+ - is the only mode where the new exhaust is allowed to offer any pops/crackles/character.
Yeah we have the part filter, if you drive a SUV here, you're basically a villain... The Gen 1 GTS sounds better, definitely. The 2020 Turbo sounds good, but quiet and indeed not much pops/crackles, strangely I do not really miss it, because the rest is so good. And I think it's because of the filter, so should be much better in the US versions. There is still a bit of deep 'turbine' sound, which is pretty cool.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts