Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Macan GTS with a factory installed trailer hitch. I want to tow a 1500 pound boat trailer, but the height of the trailer receiver is 19 inches from the ground. I have a 2" trailer hitch ball mount with a 2" ball that puts the ball at the correct 19" height for the trailer, but there is a sticker on the Macan hitch that indicates that the ball should be 6" from the hitch pin, and between plus 1/2" and minus 1 1/2" from the top of the hitch. My set up puts the ball 10" from the hitch pin and 4" above the top of the hitch. Does anyone know if these are minimum required dimensions or maximum required dimensions? Has anyone towed a trailer with a receiver that was 19" from the ground? Any information would be appreciated. I have included a photo of the Macan hitch sticker.
Font Gas Electronic device Auto part Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
I have a 2017 Macan GTS with a factory installed trailer hitch. I want to tow a 1500 pound boat trailer, but the height of the trailer receiver is 19 inches from the ground. I have a 2" trailer hitch ball mount with a 2" ball that puts the ball at the correct 19" height for the trailer, but there is a sticker on the Macan hitch that indicates that the ball should be 6" from the hitch pin, and between plus 1/2" and minus 1 1/2" from the top of the hitch. My set up puts the ball 10" from the hitch pin and 4" above the top of the hitch. Does anyone know if these are minimum required dimensions or maximum required dimensions? Has anyone towed a trailer with a receiver that was 19" from the ground? Any information would be appreciated. I have included a photo of the Macan hitch sticker.
View attachment 247044
1,500 pounds is almost no weight at all. Myself? I wouldn't be concerned.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
In EU they tow 40 feet regulator with a civic. You'll be fine. When I couldn't connect my boat I just flipped the ball to add extra inches. Works for now with 3000 trailer. I think in US they have a huge safety margin for towing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts