Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due in under 12 months insiders at Porsche are quickly scaling up their projections. Initially forecast to deliver 55,000 annual sales the figure has climbed now to 75,000 units annually.

The projected increase lies in the compact, sporty SUV niche. Porsche believes their history in performance gives the Macan an edge over rivals like the Mercedes GLA and BMW x1.

To fuel domination Porsche has decided to send the Macan to market fully equipped, including a 400bhp 3.0L V6. However its looks that could really set the Macan apart in this segment, the Macan is set to be graceful, sporty and lean. Truly a sport compact.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's pretty crazy how Porsche, a brand that is known for its sports cars first and foremost, is having so much success now with crossovers and compact SUVs. Incidentally, it is Porsche's reputation for making nice sports cars that is helping them sell so many of the Cayenne (and soon the Macan.)

·
Registered
12 Posts
wont be surprised at all to see the Macan out selling every other Porsche vehicle and even sell more than a bunch of Porsche vehicles combined. Being one of the cheapest most versatile models they will have, it's going to SELL!

·
Registered
71 Posts
People are usually held back from buying Porsches because the price is too high, and they aren't very practical if you have a family, or ever want to lug around some cargo, etc. The Macan wins on both fronts by providing customers with a Porsche that is (more) affordable and has extra space to be a family car.

·
Registered
138 Posts
People are usually held back from buying Porsches because the price is too high, and they aren't very practical if you have a family, or ever want to lug around some cargo, etc. The Macan wins on both fronts by providing customers with a Porsche that is (more) affordable and has extra space to be a family car.
that's exactly it.
and with porsche making their first move for more of a practical, versatile, affordable and more mainstream vehicle, it's time to add more. I think the next move should be a Porsche sedan that is priced around or a bit under the Macan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Its called the Pajun and its in development ;)
Just like the Macan is set to sell better than the Cayenne, I could see a Porsche sedan (the Pajun?) being an even better seller than the Macan and Cayenne.

The design would appeal to Porsche fans who love the sporty look of the brand, and a sedan would be more useful for individuals who have a family.

Do you know when this Pajun is set for release, or when we might get a first look?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just like the Macan is set to sell better than the Cayenne, I could see a Porsche sedan (the Pajun?) being an even better seller than the Macan and Cayenne.

The design would appeal to Porsche fans who love the sporty look of the brand, and a sedan would be more useful for individuals who have a family.

Do you know when this Pajun is set for release, or when we might get a first look?
Speculation out there has the Pajun showing up sometime in 2017, these are the closest idea yet of what the Pajun may look like

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm liking the shape of this Pajun rendering. Since the back is just a trunk instead of a hatchback, the shape of the car seems much more sporty and recognizable Porsche. It is surprising to me that Porsche decided to come out with the Macan first, instead of going with a sedan.

What would be this vehicles competitors?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm liking the shape of this Pajun rendering. Since the back is just a trunk instead of a hatchback, the shape of the car seems much more sporty and recognizable Porsche. It is surprising to me that Porsche decided to come out with the Macan first, instead of going with a sedan.

The Pajun looks truely to be a 911 with four doors. It would slot into middle luxury, go up against 5 series, Q70, A5 and most importantly Maserati's Ghibli

·
Registered
307 Posts

the crossover will sell better compared to the sedan.

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The Macan and the upcoming smaller Panamera are going to rocket Porsche to new heights never before seen. It's models like these that are able to fund things like the GT3 and the 918.
I'm hoping the smaller Panamera Junior (Pajun) comes out in 5 years just in time for me to offload my Macan for the Pajun. TAKE MY MONEY!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I'm hoping the smaller Panamera Junior (Pajun) comes out in 5 years just in time for me to offload my Macan for the Pajun. TAKE MY MONEY!
You too eh?! :)

Reactions: gobobbie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Regarding the original post, I don't think the GLA or X1 are competitors. It's nearly the exact same size as the GLK and X3. The GLA and X1 have 4 cylinder engines standard, and a 6 cylinder engine isn't available on the Mercedes, even on the AMG version. Also, pricing is drastically different, you can get into a GLA or X1 for a little over half what the Macan costs.

Matt

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Bring on the 4 door 911 turbo. That would be the ultimate sport sedan. Living with a 2 door brings many compromises for real life families. Take on the M3, RS4, class....rumours of a sedan gtr are floating around too.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Bring on the 4 door 911 turbo. That would be the ultimate sport sedan. Living with a 2 door brings many compromises for real life families. Take on the M3, RS4, class....rumours of a sedan gtr are floating around too.
The smaller Panamera Turbo will fill that gap. I don't think Porsche would kill the 911's coupe body. Too many enthusiast, too much history. The next gen GT-R will be a Hybrid, but the price will also be $110,000+ USD as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.