Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I thought I'd introduce myself here since I just picked up my Macan Sport Edition! I work for Porsche here in Edmonton, so I've had plenty of seat time in Macans, and when the Sport Editions arrived it was pretty much exactly what my girlfriend and I were looking for in a fun road trip vehicle. With the air suspension, 20" Spyder wheels and PSE, its got all the toys that were on my wish list. I have to say, the PSE on these sounds way better than I anticipated, and the crack on full-throttle upshifts is pretty loud! I've also just installed a JB4 tuner from Burger Motorsports and it's made a big difference in the power. After a little bit of fine tuning with George at BMS, it feels about as quick as an S. Overall, very happy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Congratulations on your new car.

I think yours is the first sports edition I have seen.

Have a wonderful time putting the miles on her.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats from a fellow yegger! The sports edition looks terrific. Any warranty issues with the tune and Porsche Centre of Edmonton? I’ve been enjoying my base for driving around town.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! I'll try to get a video of the exhaust in action in the next few days. It's definitely entertaining to crack off a few shifts when you're next to a building :)

No issues with the tuner. It's a piggy-back style tuner, so the DME only ever sees stock parameters. No permanent changes are required and the whole JB4 unit can be removed from the car in about 10 minutes. I've used a JB4 for a couple years and a few track days with my old Golf R and never had an issue. Excellent customer support from George at BMS and he'll work with you to tweak your tune for the best results.

·
Registered
81 Posts
LOL... best car I’ve ever had. I had terrific help with my order and an amazing purchasing experience. There are some great sales folks at Porsche Centre of Edmonton. ��

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Congrats on your new Macan. It looks great. The 4cyl in the Macan is no slouch. How much more hp and torque are you getting with that tune?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on your new Macan. It looks great. The 4cyl in the Macan is no slouch. How much more hp and torque are you getting with that tune?
Thanks! It's about 50hp and 60ft/lbs on the base 91 octane settings. After doing some data-logging with George, we were able to safely up the boost a smidge more than the base settings on an otherwise stock Macan.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
@Ekim81 with your tune and increased hp and torque I would think your 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers will be comparable to my S.
Well done !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Jshore
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing