Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Macan lovers,

I wanted to open a thread talking about all the secrets/tricks that the Macan can offer. Of course if you read the full manual you will know all what has to be known of your baby, but if you don’t have the time to read through all the pages, we could post what tricks or secrets you most love of the Macan. Here is one:

Did you know there are 3 different ways to close the Macan?
1. If you press the close button it will close the car with the alarm on.
2. If you press 2 times quickly, you will close the car without the alarm on, in case you let your dog inside or your children (for short time ofc).
3. If you hold the close button for more than 1 sec you will close the car and the mirrors will collapse.

What any other secret/trick you want to share?

·
Registered
484 Posts
When you stop at a red light, press even further on the brake pedal and the car will go into HOLD mode where you can release the brake to relax your foot. Push on the accelerator to get moving again. The HOLD mode automatically engages even sooner when stopping on an incline.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you stop at a red light, press even further on the brake pedal and the car will go into HOLD mode where you can release the brake to relax your foot. Push on the accelerator to get moving again. The HOLD mode automatically engages even sooner when stopping on an incline.
See, I had no idea about that!! Niceee

·
Registered
161 Posts
With 18 way seats and seat memory, I programmed the "key symbol" button on the seat memory, and both keys, to take the driver seat all the way down to the floor and back far enough to let the driver get in and out with minimal impact to the side bolster. Then the driver can select one of the other two seat position buttons for the correct driving position and likewise select the "key symbol" button before departing the vehicle.

On the passenger side I similarly used the bottom seat memory button for the entry/exit position and then the other two buttons are used to save desired passenger seating positions while riding.

While this is an extra step, since my wife is only 5'3" I thought this would help save unnecessary wear and tear on the side bolsters. It is now habit/routine for both of us to do this and works great. (Turn off Auto Memory so the wrong setting doesn't get save to the key when leaving the vehicle.)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
With Entry and Drive the key never comes out of your pocket. Just place your finger or thumb on the door sensor to lock/unlock, get in and turn the additional key that was included for this package. It is permanently locked in the key slot and looks a little different than the normal key. You can do this on any door since they all have the sensors as long as they are programmed to do this function. I found out the other day unless the person with the main key is in the driver's seat the vehicle will not start. At first I was standing right next to the person in the seat but I actually had to physically sit in the seat so this is a nice fail safe system.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Here's more of a warning. My SA says my key fob needs to be at least 15 ft away or it keeps polling the car keeping it out of deep sleep draining my battery. Have any of u guys noticed this? Does the car do certain things if the key fob is in range?

·
Registered
145 Posts
With Entry and Drive the key never comes out of your pocket. Just place your finger or thumb on the door sensor to lock/unlock, get in and turn the additional key that was included for this package. It is permanently locked in the key slot and looks a little different than the normal key. You can do this on any door since they all have the sensors as long as they are programmed to do this function. I found out the other day unless the person with the main key is in the driver's seat the vehicle will not start. At first I was standing right next to the person in the seat but I actually had to physically sit in the seat so this is a nice fail safe system.
Actually you don't have to be in the driver's seat, but the key has to be INSIDE the car for the engine to start.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Actually you don't have to be in the driver's seat, but the key has to be INSIDE the car for the engine to start.
Will it work if either key is in the car? i.e. if the second driver of the car has their key with them in the car it will start fine (without the 'main' key)?

How is the 'main' key decided?

Very curious about the 15ft thing too as my keys will probably sit close to that distance when the car is in the garage.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Will it work if either key is in the car? i.e. if the second driver of the car has their key with them in the car it will start fine (without the 'main' key)?

How is the 'main' key decided?

Very curious about the 15ft thing too as my keys will probably sit close to that distance when the car is in the garage.
If either key is in the car it will start. You can not lock the door from the exterior if a key is left in the car (protection form locking your only key in the car). My wife and I usually both have our key when we are in the car...sometimes it defaults to my key setting and sometimes hers. I haven't experimented but my guess is the key on the person who unlocks the door is in command.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If either key is in the car it will start. You can not lock the door from the exterior if a key is left in the car (protection form locking your only key in the car). My wife and I usually both have our key when we are in the car...sometimes it defaults to my key setting and sometimes hers. I haven't experimented but my guess is the key on the person who unlocks the door is in command.
Thanks. That is pretty much the same scenario for my wife and I. Both of us will likely have our keys with us every time we get in the car together. Will need to test that. :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm getting old so I would probably forget and leave the key inside the car somewhere if it wasn't in my pocket since it wouldn't be in the ignition. Because of that, since I don't need the key for anything I just put it in my pocket and forget about it.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I getting old so I would probably forget and leave the key inside the car somewhere if it wasn't in my pocket since it wouldn't be in the ignition. Because of that, since I don't need the key for anything I just put it in my pocket and forget about it.
+1 same here. Also I used to leave the key in the car in the garage. But found out on my wife's Lexus about the polling and the battery in the Key will go dead or it will drain the battery of the car. Now we both take the keys with us.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When programming your Homelink, aim your garage door opener at the front grill about 12 inches to the left of center (i.e. towards the passenger side of the vehicle). That is where the sensor is located and should detect your signal right away.

Does anyone know of a trick to close the tailgate with the key fob?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
+1 same here. Also I used to leave the key in the car in the garage. But found out on my wife's Lexus about the polling and the battery in the Key will go dead or it will drain the battery of the car. Now we both take the keys with us.
I do the same, only problem is, that it really doesnt work if the key is in my back pocket or is near my cell. Do you hapen to have the same problem?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Anyone confirmed this "polling" scenario in which you can't leave the keys nearby the vehicle as it will drain the battery? Is this rumor or is it directly stated in the manual somewhere? I've had many BMWs with comfort access and never had an issue with this. Truthfully, my keys just stay in the car almost all the time. It sits in the center console in the locked and alarmed garage and sits there while I am at work. I really only take it with me and lock the car when I am out in town in an "uncontrolled" environment if you will. This is going to piss me off...

·
Registered
643 Posts
Anyone confirmed this "polling" scenario in which you can't leave the keys nearby the vehicle as it will drain the battery? Is this rumor or is it directly stated in the manual somewhere? I've had many BMWs with comfort access and never had an issue with this. Truthfully, my keys just stay in the car almost all the time. It sits in the center console in the locked and alarmed garage and sits there while I am at work. I really only take it with me and lock the car when I am out in town in an "uncontrolled" environment if you will. This is going to piss me off...
It's a rumour in the same way that some say that you can't leave your Porsche alone for more than a few weeks because the battery will go flat. Every year for the last ten years I have left my then Porsche in my garage for between six and eight weeks without a battery problem.

Remember Y2K was a problem once - or perhaps that was before your time.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I do the same, only problem is, that it really doesnt work if the key is in my back pocket or is near my cell. Do you hapen to have the same problem?
@Macanlumma - so far so good. I have only had the car 3 weeks - not sure if it will be a problem down the road. It took about 3 months to show on the wife's car. I usually have cell in holster on the opposite side of the key.

1 - 20 of 611 Posts