Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a macan starting from what year would you recommend me as a minimum and which model

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
I want to buy a macan starting from what year would you recommend me as a minimum and which model
A lot depends on which engine type you want.

For the 2015 & 2016 model years in North America, there were only two choices......the Macan S with a 3.0 liter V-6 engine, and the Macan Turbo with the 3.6 liter V-6 engine.

Starting with the 2017 model year, they added the Macan Base with a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine, and the GTS with a tuned 3.0 liter V-6 engine.

If you want to avoid issues with the transfer case (generally covered under warranty or goodwill) you'd want to look for a Macan manufactured after March 2018....or an earlier Macan that's already had the transfer case replaced with the updated design.

If you want Apple CarPlay, then I think you have to go with 2017 or later. Even then, CarPlay was optional, but can be added later if the car is equipped with Navigation (which you'd probably want to negotiate into the purchase deal). But it would probably be cheaper overall if you could find a car that already has CarPlay if that's a priority for you.

Regardless of which car you go with, I'd recommend you shop for a certified pre-owned (CPO) car to get the benefit of the extended warranty.

Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have an iPhone, 2017 has PCM4 which can be configured for (wired) CarPlay. There is an aftermarket USB device (Carlinkit U2W) that enables wireless if you have stock CarPlay on your 2017/2018. Starting 2019, CarPlay already wireless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts