Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Had a 17’ Macan S sapphire blue 52k one owner that was stolen and totaled in a police chase.

What Macan should I replace it with?

Budget is insurance payout TBD, likely around market value of an S with 52k miles.

Should I look for another S with similar mileage or a GTS/Turbo?

My Macan was purchased from a friend, he did all the right maintenance, car was in great shape, a bit concerned with buying a used unknown Macan given the issues the cars are prone to having.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really sorry to hear this OP….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, wasn’t planning on entering the Macan market so soon. I just got my S exactly how I wanted, paint correction H&R springs and flat 6 Motorsport spacers. On the bright side maybe I can swing a bigger motor in a turbo if I find the right car/deal.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry for your loss. We assume garages are safe, especially those garages attached to our houses. I can’t remember the number of times that I had been looking for the key fob to one of my three vehicles only to find them in the vehicle where I had forgotten to remove them. Your loss has emphasized the fact the we need to store ALL our key-fobs inside the house, preferably close to some type of firearm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for your loss. We assume garages are safe, especially those garages attached to our houses. I can’t remember the number of times that I had been looking for the key fob to one of my three vehicles only to find them in the vehicle where I had forgotten to remove them. Your loss has emphasized the fact the we need to store ALL our key-fobs inside the house, preferably close to some type of firearm.
Thanks. I feel lucky that I decided to drive the 996 gt3 the night before and brought the keys inside. Losing that car would have been devastating.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Turbo PSE|ACC|Escargot
208 Posts
Sheesh. That's horrible. Hope both are replaced to your satisfaction in short order.

Sadly, there's been a rash of garage robberies, many hot-prowl, here in the greater SF Bay Area of late. They use drills or even blow torches to create holes in garage doors, so they can reach in with a coat hanger/wire hook and pull the automatic/safety release.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Sheesh. That's horrible. Hope both are replaced to your satisfaction in short order.

Sadly, there's been a rash of garage robberies, many hot-prowl, here in the greater SF Bay Area of late. They use drills or even blow torches to create holes in garage doors, so they can reach in with a coat hanger/wire hook and pull the automatic/safety release.
Back in the old days we could just take distributor rotor with us when we went to dinner. No one was going no where with that car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts