Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im done with 1000 miles on 2022 macan S. So far all good except a concern.
The sport mode response is slow on low speed(under 10mph) Is it normal? It works perfectly on high speed(more than 30mph)

Is this normal ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had a Macan Turbo a couple years back. Was like a 911 that ate another 911. Quick. Fast as ****. Handled amazingly well for an SUV.

My wife just got a new Macan S. . . lovely SUV and suits my wife perfectly.

That said, a complete dog in performance department compared to the Turbo I owned.

This is NOT to say the Macan S 'sucks' or anything of that nature; it is a fantastic SUV.

However, if you are looking for performance in terms torque/hp and handling, I think the Macan GTS is a minimum requirement.

A

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure what kind of response are you waiting for. I assume you are not at 4k rpm under 10mph so you are probably in a high gear and lack of response it due to car needs to shift to lower gear?

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
63 Posts
I agree, driving the S in normal mode auto trans. it takes a lot of gas pedal pressing to wake the beast. However, to the people saying the Macan is sluggish or slow to respond, have you tried driving you car in manual shifting mode for an extended period of time?? Choose your own shifting points and the Macan wakes up immediately. For those wanting a true sports car I suspect you would buy one w/ a manual transmission. The automatic normal trans mode should be considered ‘Family Mode’, take control of your shifting and see if you feel the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's just the PDK slowly slipping the clutches for a smooth takeoff. I find that the Macan tries to mimic a regular torque converter automatic when you're going pretty slow (below 20mph) by gradually slowing down the gear changes to make them almost imperceptible since it is geared rather long, causing a large drop in RPM when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts