1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2016 Macan S!
Agate Grey - test drove one in this color and :love:
Sport design package - love the painted rear bumper + front fascia
21’ Turbo wheels - was actually a drawback as I wanted 19s or 20s for my bumpy commute, 🗻 but look great
Sport Exhaust - doesn't do anything but the sound is fun! Gooood morning. 🏁
Alcantara Seats
Bose Package
Roof Rails + Ski Rack
Plethora of clickity clackity buttons 👉
No backup camera -
I know how to drive. 😏

🔊What mods should I do?

Will see how it goes with the 21s, (they have brand new tires) would be happy to trade them for 20" spyder wheels. Any takers?! 👀

The market on the Left Coast has been wild, cars being sold the night before I went to see them. Dealers INCREASING their asking prices. Rough 2015s and 2016s going for high $30s! Had been hunting for a while on Autotempest.

Overall really happy with this purchase. The guy I bought it from replaced it with a 911 GTS4, so that was a good sign! Always dealer serviced, clean PPI.

Exciting purchase for me - grew up with Porsches and Ferraris and it's pretty freaking sweet to be able to purchase this as a lady in my early 30s. 🎉Where is the Women's Macan board?! ♀🚺 Hopefully the first of many "supercars" to come.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Congrats! PO did a great build. Any interior pics?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Congrats on your new Macan. I enjoyed all 64K miles in mine.
Welcome to the Forum.
This IS the Women's board; we do not discriminate, and you may be surprised how many other dames are here. Some are very active. One cannot necessarily tell from the screen names or posts the gender of the poster.
Drive in safety and in health!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
And as for mods, I was VERY pleased with the throttle response enhancement provided by a Pedal Commander.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats! That's a sharp car. The market for used Macans, particularly non-base models, seems to be very hot even on the East Coast. I'm glad I purchased my 2015 S last spring at the peak of the shutdown when auto auctions were closed and dealers did not want to acquire more trade-ins as the car is worth comfortably more now than when I acquired it.

Looks like the paint is in great shape but a clay bar and spray-on ceramic are an easy afternoon activity, can't hurt, and are a great way to learn about the surface of your car and if it's got nicks and scratches.

Would also second changing out the side markers for smoked LED's. I recently installed a set from iJDMtoy from Amazon, no errors and they look great with the white paint and black trim on the car. Enjoy it in good health!

·
Vendor
397 Posts
Will see how it goes with the 21s, (they have brand new tires) would be happy to trade them for 20" spyder wheels. Any takers?! 👀
Congrats!! Looks like an awesome spec. I love Agate Grey, especially since it looks great with either silver or black trim. Black GTS style headlights and black window trim really adds an aggressive touch. I love the Sport design bumper.

I can probably source some spyders (or just about any other wheel) for you. I have a set in black coming soon.

Welcome to the forum and congrats again!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! PO did a great build. Any interior pics?
I know, right?! Bought it from the original owner who spec’d it. Shopping used you don’t get to pick every feature. So it was special to find this one, although I miss the heated steering wheel! I don’t have interior images since having it detailed. But it’s the usual. Will definitely be removing the rear headrests! How the heck do you see out the back window?! Now maybe I do miss the back up camera! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
92 Posts
The market on the Left Coast has been wild, cars being sold the night before I went to see them. Dealers INCREASING their asking prices. Rough 2015s and 2016s going for high $30s! Had been hunting for a while on Autotempest.
Did you end up buying local? I'm in Norcal and had our CPO S shipped from San Antonio - was a bit nervous but had good communication with the dealership and it went smoothly. Local prices in CA back in November were higher for non CPO examples with higher mileage - from both private party as well as dealers o_O

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! I have a 718 Cayman in Agate Grey and I love the color.

The Left Coast prices have me wondering if I should sell my 17 Macan as it was at the dealer the other day and the dealer wanted to give me $42K for it. Pre Pandemic I was offered $36k!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the new purchase! I have a 718 Cayman in Agate Grey and I love the color.

The Left Coast prices have me wondering if I should sell my 17 Macan as it was at the dealer the other day and the dealer wanted to give me $42K for it. Pre Pandemic I was offered $36k!
You might have to!! The first car I looked at was at an independent dealership on a Saturday. I wasn’t ready to pull the trigger as it was the first one I saw- he told us the price is going up $3K on Monday!

Why I didn’t choose this car was because it was Palladium Metallic (over black). ✨Oh my, (sorry to anyone who has or likes this color) but it was hideous. That’s just the opinion of my cone receptors! Too bad bc the car was really clean and well cared for, with PASM!

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
You might have to!! The first car I looked at was at an independent dealership on a Saturday. I wasn’t ready to pull the trigger as it was the first one I saw- he told us the price is going up $3K on Monday!

Why I didn’t choose this car was because it was Palladium Metallic (over black). ✨Oh my, (sorry to anyone who has or likes this color) but it was hideous. That’s just the opinion of my cone receptors! Too bad bc the car was really clean and well cared for, with PASM!
There is a tremendous shortage of new inventory . That's why its been so quiet here . There was once a time where cars were flying off the shelves like hot cakes and used prices softened . Just the opposite is happening now . Used 911's are even selling over over sticker in some places . Even used Macans are bumped up. You did well finding a car and congrats !!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Very nice. I think you will be really happy with your purchase. you got the true Porsche engine as well. I love the wheels on yours as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a tremendous shortage of new inventory . That's why its been so quiet here . There was once a time where cars were flying off the shelves like hot cakes and used prices softened . Just the opposite is happening now . Used 911's are even selling over over sticker in some places . Even used Macans are bumped up. You did well finding a car and congrats !!
Thank you! Given the market conditions, I thought about just ordering a new Tesla model 3, only a few K$ more and no gas⛽! The Macan is like the complete antithesis of that car. 🤣

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Congratulations on your Macan purchase & welcome to the MF!

You may wish to enter your VIN on a couple websites:
Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment | NHTSA

This site used to decode your VIN @ N/C & list the Additional Equipment ordered by the original owner.

There are probably other sites that do the same. I just tried it again & site seems slow & they may charge for it now (I would not pay) If the seller gave you the original window sticker, you already have most or all this info. (Porsche usually laminates the window sticker & gives it to you on delivery when you build a car.)

Found a better one:

For price:
https://www.kbb.com (Everyone know this one)

Reactions: V6TT
1 - 20 of 34 Posts