Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting my local Porsche dealer and spending two days of mulling over the options list I have put down a deposit for a Macan S V6 twin turbo. Delivery will be confirmed later this week should be around the end of May which is my drop dead date. If can't get it by then I may have to cancel my order.

• MACAN S
    0Q White € -
    VF Black Leather Package € 1,633.50
    2JX Stainless steel plate front and rear € 1,076.90
    3S1 Roof rails in aluminum look (matte) € 338.80
    6H1 Lateral strips (plastic) in exterior color € 605.00
    7X8 Rearview camera with Park Assist (front and rear) € 1,379.40
    8JE Dynamic bi-xenon headlamps (PDLS) and headlight washers € 1,645.60
    0m2 tank 75L € -
    1BH Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) € 1,210.00
    QR5 Sport Chrono Plus with PCM € 1,125.30
    C7T 20" Sport Design wheels € 2,250.60
    Emergency 1G1 Spare 18 " € 217.80
    P7I0 Porsche Car Connect incl alarm Vehicle Tracking System Plus € 363.00
    0TD Carpets € 133.10
    4A3 Heated front € 399.30
    7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA) € 617.10
    8T1 Cruise € 544.50
    9JB Smoker package € 60.50
    9Q6 Speed ​​Alert € 375.10
    PE6 Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way) € 1,875.50
    5MH interior package in carbon € 1,379.40
    7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module. € 3,097.60
    9VL BOSE ® Surround Sound System € 1,246.30
    9W5 Preparation for mobile phone € 398.00
    UN1 online services € 193.60
    Total Options € 22,165.90
    List price € 59,895.00
    Total Price € 82,060.90

I ordered the side blades in body colour as I think they look better than the standard black. Same reason for ordering the stainless steel plates front and back to offset the quite large swage of black plastic across the back. The Turbo certainly looks better all in body colour.
Although not a smoker, I also order the smoker package because you get an extra point to plug in a device and I usually have 3 plugged din at the same time. (iPhone, iPad, iCoyote).

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome!

Where is the additional 12v socket? The car comes standard with:
"4 plug sockets (12V): in the front centre console, in the centre-console storage bin, behind the centre console for rear passengers, in the luggage compartment"

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the dealer, without this option you just get a small open tray in centre console just below the the Macan badge. With this option, you get an extra socket for the cigarette lighter and a sliding lid for the tray. Should be handy for small change.

·
Registered
972 Posts
According to the dealer, without this option you just get a small open tray in centre console just below the the Macan badge. With this option, you get an extra socket for the cigarette lighter and a sliding lid for the tray. Should be handy for small change.
Oh wow - you're right!! I was always wondering why the promo cars had a cover there but my 3d model never did...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I did consider a Turbo and not just because of the extra HP but more importantly, because of the extra Torque: 460nm vs 550nm. Until I actually drive the Macan S, I will have a lingering doubt about the level of torque on offer considering it's quite a heavy beast. As a point of comparison, it has a smidgeon less torque than my weekend toy an Audi TTRS Plus. In real world driving, I suspect the Diesel Macan S might actually drive better in some circumstances than the petrol Macan S, but I cannot bring myself to drive the current model Diesel Macan. If it had the same motor as the Audi SQ5, then I would consider it. And its not because I dislike Diesels. Previously I had an X5 40d and my wife currently drives an X1 25d which is quite a rapid device and fun to drive.

No, what ultimately turned me against the Turbo were a few things. Firstly, when optioned up with the stuff that is missing (I still don't believe that the standard wheels on the Turbo are 19") it was 90+K euro. Secondly, the annual taxes are almost double the Macan S. Thirdly, the insurance is much, much higher. And lastly, and most importantly, the depreciation on the Turbo is going to be horrendous if the Cayenne Turbo is anything to go by.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Macan1, hope the link gives you some ideas of engine came from, torque, power-to-weight ratio that would bring your car faster on the turbo.

As for Australian Macan turbo, a lots of the items come in standards but you still need to pick few more options like panamera sunroof, safety features like adaptive control, lane change assist, etc it will add up easy to at least $150k. Is this worth it?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The weight of a car IMHO is all relative to the Torque it puts out. Torque is almost more important to me than HP. Most people think they are driving on HP when in fact more often than not its actually Torque. It's Torque that gets the can moving, it's a big factor in determining a cars overtaking times, etc. Although of course it's important that the HP and Torque are in the right balance. No point having huge Torque without good HP because once you are moving, there would be no HP to keep the thing accelerating. So when I look at the weight of the Macan S and then look at the torque output of the V6 petrol (460nm), I get a little worried about what the driving experience might be. Mind you it hasn't stop me from ordering one as Porsche are typically conservative in the numbers they quote. Will find out in person late January when I get to drive one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
After visiting my local Porsche dealer and spending two days of mulling over the options list I have put down a deposit for a Macan S V6 twin turbo. Delivery will be confirmed later this week should be around the end of May which is my drop dead date. If can't get it by then I may have to cancel my order.

• MACAN S
    0Q White € -
    VF Black Leather Package € 1,633.50
    2JX Stainless steel plate front and rear € 1,076.90
    3S1 Roof rails in aluminum look (matte) € 338.80
    6H1 Lateral strips (plastic) in exterior color € 605.00
    7X8 Rearview camera with Park Assist (front and rear) € 1,379.40
    8JE Dynamic bi-xenon headlamps (PDLS) and headlight washers € 1,645.60
    0m2 tank 75L € -
    1BH Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) € 1,210.00
    QR5 Sport Chrono Plus with PCM € 1,125.30
    C7T 20" Sport Design wheels € 2,250.60
    Emergency 1G1 Spare 18 " € 217.80
    P7I0 Porsche Car Connect incl alarm Vehicle Tracking System Plus € 363.00
    0TD Carpets € 133.10
    4A3 Heated front € 399.30
    7Y1 Lane Change Assist (LCA) € 617.10
    8T1 Cruise € 544.50
    9JB Smoker package € 60.50
    9Q6 Speed ​​Alert € 375.10
    PE6 Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way) € 1,875.50
    5MH interior package in carbon € 1,379.40
    7T1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with navigation module. € 3,097.60
    9VL BOSE ® Surround Sound System € 1,246.30
    9W5 Preparation for mobile phone € 398.00
    UN1 online services € 193.60
    Total Options € 22,165.90
    List price € 59,895.00
    Total Price € 82,060.90

I ordered the side blades in body colour as I think they look better than the standard black. Same reason for ordering the stainless steel plates front and back to offset the quite large swage of black plastic across the back. The Turbo certainly looks better all in body colour.
Although not a smoker, I also order the smoker package because you get an extra point to plug in a device and I usually have 3 plugged din at the same time. (iPhone, iPad, iCoyote).
Hi Macan1,

I noticed that you did not add the panoramic sunroof on your order? Is that to do taking out the internal space if selected the panoramic sunroof?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No not really. It's just that I have had sunroofs in almost all my cars from BMWs to AUDIs and I have never really felt I have gotten the value out of them so decided to leave it out. Plus they add nothing to resale value.

·
Registered
972 Posts
No not really. It's just that I have had sunroofs in almost all my cars from BMWs to AUDIs and I have never really felt I have gotten the value out of them so decided to leave it out. Plus they add nothing to resale value.
I have had sunroofs in previous cars too, but a panoramic sunroof is a totally different proposition. It adds so much airiness and lightness to the cabin :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Each to their own I guess.:) I have previously had panoramic sunroofs in my X5 and now in my wife's X1 25d too, and most of the time, the sun blind is left closed. Just got back from 2,000km round trip to the snowfields and did not have the blind open once.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I just realised that the panoramic roof 'wow' moment for me occurred in a friend's X1... when I was in the back seat! I wonder if the airiness in the macan will be all behind me.

Where's the chauffeur option??

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have had similar thoughts about the Panaramic roof. My car for the last 10 years has had a sun roof, and I rarely open the sun shade, let alone the glass. However, I did test drive a Cayenne with the Panaramic roof and it was very nice. I keep going back and forth on this one.

Similarly I keep going back and forth on heated seats in the rear. Only in the winter, and only if my kids are in the back will heat in the rear matter. I keep flip flopping.

And, then there is the Sports Chrono package. Seems like a fair bit for a stop watch and a slightly different set of computer code that shifts more aggressively. Buuuut ...

With all Porsche's options available separately it makes it a slippery slope to an $80K (US) Macan S. Each option looks/sounds nice, but they add up.

Luckily I still have time to finalize my order. Deposit is down, but exact specs have not been finalized yet.

Gordon

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
The weight of a car IMHO is all relative to the Torque it puts out. Torque is almost more important to me than HP. Most people think they are driving on HP when in fact more often than not its actually Torque. It's Torque that gets the can moving, it's a big factor in determining a cars overtaking times, etc. Although of course it's important that the HP and Torque are in the right balance. No point having huge Torque without good HP because once you are moving, there would be no HP to keep the thing accelerating. So when I look at the weight of the Macan S and then look at the torque output of the V6 petrol (460nm), I get a little worried about what the driving experience might be. Mind you it hasn't stop me from ordering one as Porsche are typically conservative in the numbers they quote. Will find out in person late January when I get to drive one.
As mentioned the S motor is sourced (and detuned) from the panamera where it makes 420hp. There will be power left on the plate for the after-market to take advantage.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I
Similarly I keep going back and forth on heated seats in the rear. Only in the winter, and only if my kids are in the back will heat in the rear matter. I keep flip flopping.

And, then there is the Sports Chrono package. Seems like a fair bit for a stop watch and a slightly different set of computer code that shifts more aggressively. Buuuut ...

With all Porsche's options available separately it makes it a slippery slope to an $80K (US) Macan S. Each option looks/sounds nice, but they add up.

Luckily I still have time to finalize my order. Deposit is down, but exact specs have not been finalized yet.

Gordon
Amen!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.