Porsche Macan Forum banner

521 - 529 of 529 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would appreciate your findings on the stop/start impact. Thanks in advance.
With Auto Start/Stop 293.1 Miles per Tank with an even mix of Highway and City Street driving with plenty of Stop Signs and Traffic lights (With 22" Wheels)

Without Auto/Stop 281.2 Miles per Tank with similar driving conditions. (with 22" Wheels)

During the summer i was doing extensive road trips between Oklahoma and Washington DC and vlogging on my youtube channel about this very topic. i was able to get 407 Miles to a tank on 19" OEM Wheels and doing all highway mileage with a mix between spirited driving and speed limit in between states which varied between 55, 65, 75 mph depending on the state i was going through (Averaged about 24-25 MPG). But i was down to only 328 Miles per tank on states where the speed limit was higher and where i was driving at higher speed limits. (Averaged about 20 MPG)

Basically if you can keep to Highway driving under 60-65 MPH with smaller the wheels, then you will be able to get the most efficient MPG.

Sport Mode does not make a difference driving between 70-80 MPH, it still averages about 20 MPG

Auto Start Stop does offer you very minimal increase of MPG but not enough to deal with it (I personally hate it)

This car gets terrible MPG during idle. If you ever park and let the car run at idle for extended period of time, you will notice your MPG average goes down rapidly.

·
Registered
388 Posts
SaulIV - thanks for the update. I actually use my stop/start all the time and actually like the silence when sitting at numerous stoplights in my daily driving. I sure get it that lots of owners don't appreciate it and understand their dislike of it. Also appreciated your "empty city" video. Stay safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My son and I collected my Macan at the Atlanta PEC this past weekend. Saturday we drive the car home (823 miles in about 13 hours). The four banger was FUN to drive. If we needed to pass in a hurry we hit SPORT and the car flew. We used ACC for a good part of the trip. The average gas mileage was 29.2 MPG!
Hello - are you still averaging 29.2 mpg on highway trips? I drive mostly highly and if I could get that mileage while still having fun driving, then I would be happy. I have a BMW 5 Series now and it gets great mpg, so don’t want take a huge hit going to a Macan base, otherwise will just get another Bimmer 5! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
It amazes me how different the fuel consumption is between the states and here in Europe. Does it have to do with the fuel quality?

I've been test driving a Macan S for the last couple days before buying it and Im averaging between 8 - 9 Liter per 100km. Thats with mixed driving between highway and cities and flooring it every now and then.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
It amazes me how different the fuel consumption is between the states and here in Europe. Does it have to do with the fuel quality?

I've been test driving a Macan S for the last couple days before buying it and Im averaging between 8 - 9 Liter per 100km. Thats with mixed driving between highway and cities and flooring it every now and then.
Possibly. Most pumps in the USA have 10% ethanol in them (although the stickers often say "up to 10%" and there are a few places that offer non-ethanol gas). And, yep, ethanol will lower the efficiency.

On our '18 S, we usually get 18 mpg (that's 13 L/100km) in mixed driving, and maybe 22 mpg (11 L/100km) in highway driving (both normal mode -- we hardly ever use Sport, and don't have Sport+).

Incidentally, doing some recent searches, the most user-friendly site I found for conversion calculations was this one: MPG Converter - Fuel Economy Conversion - Omni Calculator . No pressing enter required, you can enter data in any of the fields, etc.

·
Registered
961 Posts
in NYC i get 13-14mpg unless i'm cruising on the highway then i get about 20-24 depending on how slow i'm driving

521 - 529 of 529 Posts