49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently visited RT Tuning in PA to get a protune. My modifications include:

Flat 6 Intakes
Turbosmart BOVs
AMS Intercoolers
Remus Exhaust
Cobb 93oct Stage 2 OTS

I went in to get a race map and these were my results. I tried to upload a video of it but I can’t find the option to. I’d like to hear input on people who have done the same, and compare results if possible.

View attachment 246153
Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
25 Posts
I live close by and know RT. Was your baseline done w/ everything you listed not installed, then installed and dynoed again? Or was this this just the Protune improvement after all the bolt on items?

·
Registered
2016 Macan S
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baseline was done with everything including the Cobb OTS Stage 2 93 octane map. This shows the gains over the OTS map only.

·
Registered
2015 Macan turbo
234 Posts
My impression is that this is the gains of the pro tune. 21 lbs of boost tapering. This indicates to me …and I may be wrong..is that the turbos for the s cannot produce 21 psi boost throughout the rpm range?
great gains non the less.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
2016 Macan S
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
21psi or more can be used throughout the rpm range, but for driveability, traction, and preservation of the PDK, the option to limit boost at certain points is beneficial

·
Registered
2016 Macan S
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also I have stock cats, so high EGTs limit me. I’m not planning to upgrade them until the PureTurbo turbo upgrades become available

·
Registered
2016 Macan S
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@[email protected] is this typical of what you guys are seeing at your shop? It was done on an awd mustang dyno so I know it’s reporting somewhat low, but I also know that they don’t tune Macans as often as you guys

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
What if you disabled AWD with Piwis…….and check 2wd ?
What would that yield ?

·
Registered
2015 Macan turbo
234 Posts
What egt’s were being seen? I do not know where Cobb measures theirs from but mine in not accurate on the Cobb unit. If it was my cats /engine would have been history a long time ago.
cobb offered to review a file of it…but I just haven’t done it. My egt’s are routinely over 2500F even not in boost!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts