Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the car configurations, the pictures don't show the clock above the screen in the middle. Is that something that needs to be added? whats it called?

I was under the impression that the clock came standard with every model of Macan?

·
Registered
39 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, the clock is standard despite the fact the configurator does not display it. The stopwatch, however, requires the purchase of Sport Chrono.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If you're referring to the (Chrono that is short) for chronograph on the dash read below:

The Porsche Sport Chrono Package enhances vehicle performance through a system that simultaneously alters elements of chassis, engine, and transmission. In addition to the ability to take performance to new heights, the Sport Chrono Package equips the vehicle with a performance display, digital and analog stopwatches, and the Sport Plus button. Porsche models equipped with the package will also feature steering wheel indicator to let drivers know if the Sport button or Launch Control are activated. Models that are not already equipped with Launch Control will get a Performance Start function, that operates similarly, but not to the same level as Launch Control.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
The Macan S comes standard with an analog clock. That's what I have and I love it.
If you order the Sport Chrono Package, the clock is replaced with an analog stop watch and digital clock in the center. In the Configurator, if you select the Sport Chrono Package in the Performance section, a picture of the stop watch is displayed.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
It depends on your actual location.

If you are in the US you get the dash clock as standard and it is upgraded with the Sports Chrono package.
In other countries the base clock is an option.

In the US configurator it does not show up in the 2D viewer, but it is listed under Standard Features.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it, that's what I thought, that there was a mistake in the car configurator

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry.. newbie here that is still in the ordering process..

Okay, so there is no way for a Sport Chrono display to display the time using the large red hands, right?

Other than next to the tachometer, the only way to display the time on the Sport Chrono is on the digital display on the Sport Chrono Dial, right?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,036 Posts
re: sport chrono time display

It will display the time - there was another recent thread about this - when the car it shut off
the clock hands go to the 12:00 o'clock position. When the car is turned on, the clock hands
will madly spin around til they reach the current time.

Quite a sight!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I picked up my S three months ago and it was only the other day that I realized that the clock hands go to 12:00 when the car is parked and immediately spin around to the correct time once a door is opened. I'm surprised I didnt notice it sooner.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry.. newbie here that is still in the ordering process..

Okay, so there is no way for a Sport Chrono display to display the time using the large red hands, right?

Other than next to the tachometer, the only way to display the time on the Sport Chrono is on the digital display on the Sport Chrono Dial, right?

Thanks!
The PCM screen also has an option to display the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What year is this? And the configurator still doesn’t show the clock on the dash as standard?
I was looking at a 2020 on the lot and I asked the dealer and he had no clue that the clock was standard. He told me the car had chrono package. And I’m like. Not according to the window sticker. He said then this is a unicorn. Better buy it. He was the general sales manager too.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
....the configurator still doesn’t show the clock on the dash as standard?.....
Only the US and Canada get a center dash clock as standard. For the rest of the world, the dash clock is not available, not even as an option. Thus, the configurator defaults to no clock on the dash.

And yes, there have been countless times where a customer knows more about the options than the SA's.....particularly if they've spent time on this forum. (y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
What year is this? And the configurator still doesn’t show the clock on the dash as standard?
I was looking at a 2020 on the lot and I asked the dealer and he had no clue that the clock was standard. He told me the car had chrono package. And I’m like. Not according to the window sticker. He said then this is a unicorn. Better buy it. He was the general sales manager too.
The configurator doesn’t show it in the photos but it is listed in the Standard equipment text.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts