Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all the tools/part numbers required for a 2019-2020 Macan S oil Change. Maybe a Mod can pin this to the top of this thread so people don't have to go searching, but here it is With Links

Parts (genuine part #'s from dealer):

Tools Needed:
  • Rhino Ramps (or jack stands)
  • T-25 Screwdriver head (on screwdriver or drill) - For shield under car
  • Body Clip Remover (and extra clips just in case) - For shield under car
  • T-45 Socket Screwdriver head - For Drain Plug
  • Torque Wrench - 22 lbs torque needed for drain plug/crush washer when installing new washer
  • 32mm Socket & Socket Wrench - To Remove Filter housing
  • iCarsoft Auto Diagnostic Scanner POR V2.0 for Porsche - To Reset Service Interval on Cluster
  • Oil Catcher (needs to be able to hold at least 8qts)
  • Oil Funnel
Final Note -- The oil filter housing is located under the engine cover under the hood. Not under the car like all the youtube videos that are currently out there, which is why I wanted to make this post, to hopefully help out some people who were stuck like I was with a 19/20 oil change! Hopefully Video Coming on the next one! Cheers

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Hood Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
According to what I've seen, the Porsche spec for the 2019/21 3.0 S model engine is C20. Mobil 1 ESP X2 - 0W20 meets this spec. The oil in your picture as far as I can tell is the A40 spec. Not all Mobil 1 engine oils are equal. There are many varieties. I'd double check your owner's manual and do some more research. You MUST use the correct spec.
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Screenshot

Product Font Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Mleibrock

·
Registered
229 Posts
One more point about oil. Notice this screenshot says nothing about brand name. It shows what spec is required. Many oil manufactures make Porsche spec oil. Castrol, Ravenol, Mobil 1, Motul, to name a few. All are high quality, All claim they are the best. Your engine does not know what label is on the bottle. And no your warranty will not be voided if you use something besides Mobil 1. As long as you are using the correct spec (and weight), brand name is irrelevant. Porsche may recommend Mobil 1. They have a partnership. It's not required. In my 2017 base 2.0 I used Castrol Edge LL 5W30. Why Castrol? It was half the price of Mobil 1. Why would I spend $60 for 5 quarts of oil when I could get the same spec for $30?
Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

·
Registered
188 Posts
Rusty - thanks good information for sure.

would you know at the spec / oil type and options ate for the 2021 / 2022 Macan in the 2.9 L engine
It is shown om your chart as C30

·
Registered
229 Posts
Rusty - thanks good information for sure.
would you know at the spec / oil type and options ate for the 2021 / 2022 Macan in the 2.9 L engine
It is shown om your chart as C30
My owner's manual for a 2022 2.9L Macan S shows C30 spec, 0W30 weight only. From doing online searches, 0W30 in this spec appears to be fairly new and therefore harder to find. Canada market may be slightly different than the US, but a few choices I found are: Mobil 1 ESP, Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX, Castrol Edge LL, Ravenol VSW, Motul Specific. Mobil 1, Pennzoil and Castrol should be more easily found in North America. Ravenol and Motul are more of a European brand. If you go to the Pelican Parts website, they show a 2020/21 2.9L using 5W30 C30 spec. 2022's are not yet listed. Maybe they changed the weight for the 2022's?

·
Registered
229 Posts
5w30 is C30 spec too
Yes it is. My 2022 uses 0W30 only. Not sure about the other years. This is why checking the owner's manual is important.

·
Registered
229 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts