Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know leg room and head room dimensions for the rear seats?
How do they compare with Cayenne?
Today my family fits just fine in VW Rabit/Golf so not too worried but just checking to see if I need to get some popcorn for rear passengers before they start complaining about leg space on long drives!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have read that it is quite tight in the rear, but I don't have any measurements... except that the panoramic roof takes away 41mm headroom in the rear

·
Registered
634 Posts
Today my family fits just fine in VW Rabit/Golf so not too worried but just checking to see if I need to get some popcorn for rear passengers before they start complaining about leg space on long drives!
Do you have kids? You have to plan to see if you will have more, growing kids, how long you plan on keeping the vehicle....etc

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have friends in my car from time to time, so this is a concern for me too. Wondering how it is for someone 5'8" - 6.0".

Check here though. It has a pretty good pic of the rear seats and by the looks of it, it's pretty tight.

2015 Porsche Macan: Up Close - KickingTires
Front seats seem pushed back a lot?

How come there is not enough space in the back since it is not such a small car?

Compared to the Evoque, for example, it is something like 30 cm longer, and in my opinion the Evoque hs enough room in the back. Macan has smaller boot (Evoque 575 l, Macan 500 l). So where isall the space gone? Engine bay is so big ..?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Rear seat room

This question of rear seat room comes up so many times in these threads. All these photos snapped by time-pressed autoshow attendees definitely are a cause for this confusion too because of the persistent amateur camerawork distortion. Without actual dimensions, we are all guessing and planning all kinds of alternate Plan-B scenarios. Why not let our Porsche dealers and sales people know that they better do something about this real quick, in the interest of customer satisfaction. I certainly have done so, and told to expect official numbers "soon. In the meantime, they insist there is enough room for four adults, if not five.

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Why not go sit in a Q5 and then judge whether that space is sufficient knowing that the Macan will be at least somewhat smaller. Put it this way: if you won't fit in a Q5, there's not a chance a Macan will work. If the Q5 is more than ample, then Macan should be okay.

Reactions: -=Hot|Ice=-

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good suggestion.
Sat in friends' Q5 rear seat.
I am 5'8" and ample leg space with no issues.
Heck, we fit just fine in vw golf so macan should be just fine.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks the same as Q5. Rather is should 1 or 2 inches better per specs.

Macan width 76.1 vs Q5 width 74.7
Macan length 184.3 vs Q5 length 182.6

·
Registered
1 Posts
Max rear-seat legroom in a Macan is 32.283 inches. Not sufficient for average adults.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.