Porsche Macan Forum banner

Macan Newbie

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  wwahl 
#1 ·
As of today, I'm about 36 hours into owning my first Porsche. I have a 2018 Macan s.

I was driving it home from the dealer and got caught in some traffic. Traffic was only moving between 20 and 30 MPH. As I was creeping along the car would end up in 5th, 6th and 7th gear. Those gears seem much to high for that speed. When I would give it gas, it felt like when you are driving a manual shift car sports car in a gear to high. I own a manual shift Corvette and Nissan Z so I know what that feels like.

It would eventually drop down to a lower gear as I would step on the accelerator a little more aggressively. It seems that the PDK was shifting at about 1.5k rpm at the slower speeds. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.

#5 ·
As of today, I'm about 36 hours into owning my first Porsche. I have a 2018 Macan s.

I was driving it home from the dealer and got caught in some traffic. Traffic was only moving between 20 and 30 MPH. As I was creeping along the car would end up in 5th, 6th and 7th gear. Those gears seem much to high for that speed. When I would give it gas, it felt like when you are driving a manual shift car sports car in a gear to high. I own a manual shift Corvette and Nissan Z so I know what that feels like.

It would eventually drop down to a lower gear as I would step on the accelerator a little more aggressively. It seems that the PDK was shifting at about 1.5k rpm at the slower speeds. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong.

Any advice is appreciated.
That is the way they set that car up. I have one of these 2018's . Two ways to approach this. One is to use the Sport button. The other thing that I find useful are the paddle shifters. Play with them for awhile. The right one is not your friend here., as it shifts up yet another gear. The left one will downshift you into he gear were seeking when you wrote this note. It will hold for several seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.