Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is on US soil as of this morning and will be ready for me in a couple weeks. I just got off the phone with my S/A and he said that his dealership (Porsche of Greensboro NC) has moved to at-home deliveries only because of the COVID-19. He said the dealership's doors are locked and they only allow people in by appointment. With home delivery, it's going to be weird, perhaps even refreshing, not having to fight-off the finance manager's attempts to up-sell. ;)

Stay safe, healthy, and sane!
CJ

·
Registered
38 Posts
FIrst post! I did everything, trade, purchase, delivery via phone. Never stepped into the dealership due to CV-19. Everything went smooth. The real benefit was no haggling for add-ons, etc. Got an above market price on my Lexus and 12 percent off the Macan.

·
Registered
309 Posts
FIrst post! I did everything, trade, purchase, delivery via phone. Never stepped into the dealership due to CV-19. Everything went smooth. The real benefit was no haggling for add-ons, etc. Got an above market price on my Lexus and 12 percent off the Macan. View attachment 230323
Absolutely gorgeous - congrats! Any exterior photos?

·
Registered
3 Posts
FIrst post! I did everything, trade, purchase, delivery via phone. Never stepped into the dealership due to CV-19. Everything went smooth. The real benefit was no haggling for add-ons, etc. Got an above market price on my Lexus and 12 percent off the Macan. View attachment 230323
Can i get your sale representative contact
I am planing to order Macan Gts
My email address is [email protected]
Thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Congrats!

My last 3 cars I've never stepped foot into the dealership except for delivery. You're going to love it!
For our '18 Macan -- our first and only P-car -- we never even went to the dealership, as we took delivery at PEC. To this day, I don't even know what the SA or the dealership looks like, where exactly they are, etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Very lucky! My S arrived at the dealer a week ago, but they're closed. I emailed about possibly getting it while they're closed but they said I can't.

I did get a call from the Finance manager to try and sell me a bunch of stuff though lol.
Government also removed car dealers from the essential services so I don't think I'll be getting it any time soon :(

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very lucky! My S arrived at the dealer a week ago, but they're closed. I emailed about possibly getting it while they're closed but they said I can't.

I did get a call from the Finance manager to try and sell me a bunch of stuff though lol.
Government also removed car dealers from the essential services so I don't think I'll be getting it any time soon :(
I believe the dealership transmits payment to Porsche when the receive a vehicle. If true, then they have a strong incentive to sell the car. Even if dealerships aren’t essential, I don’t see why they can’t deliver cars in the same way that Amazon can still deliver stuff

·
Registered
309 Posts

Such bittersweet emotions! At least you're almost at the finish line though - haha, mines still waiting to be built from the factory - I've got a long way to go!

Do you have any indication as to when the dealership ban will end?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe the dealership transmits payment to Porsche when the receive a vehicle. If true, then they have a strong incentive to sell the car. Even if dealerships aren’t essential, I don’t see why they can’t deliver cars in the same way that Amazon can still deliver stuff
Thats a good point! They have a lot of cars in the lot, they probably have a large bill to Porsche. Maybe they'll have to figure out a way to sell me my car soon!

Such bittersweet emotions! At least you're almost at the finish line though - haha, mines still waiting to be built from the factory - I've got a long way to go!

Do you have any indication as to when the dealership ban will end?
It's torture. I've gone to see the car a few times from behind a fence lol. They Finance manager was saying April 8, but now the government bumped dealerships off the essential services list. So I doubt that April 8 is going to happen.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's torture. I've gone to see the car a few times from behind a fence lol. They Finance manager was saying April 8, but now the government bumped dealerships off the essential services list. So I doubt that April 8 is going to happen.
Oh, I can imagine! Just focus on how great it'll be once you're finally behind the wheel - all this madness will be a distant memory. Fingers crossed the closure of dealerships won't last long - sending well wishes from Australia!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Which dealer are you dealing with? Is it off the lot or on a build? I need to occupy my free time...?

Reactions: cdarwinj and SJG

·
Registered
2020 Macan S Sapphire Blue, Steel Built 02/20.
80 Posts
I believe the dealership transmits payment to Porsche when the receive a vehicle. If true, then they have a strong incentive to sell the car.
Invoice is created at stage O400 or in this case when car is shipped from the port to the dealer.
2F2BC207-F1CD-4F89-B304-89E6A2935F76.jpeg

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
My car is on US soil as of this morning and will be ready for me in a couple weeks. I just got off the phone with my S/A and he said that his dealership (Porsche of Greensboro NC) has moved to at-home deliveries only because of the COVID-19. He said the dealership's doors are locked and they only allow people in by appointment. With home delivery, it's going to be weird, perhaps even refreshing, not having to fight-off the finance manager's attempts to up-sell. ;)

Stay safe, healthy, and sane!
CJ
No, I don't want tire protection.
No, I don't want nitrogen in my tires.
No, I don't want edging around my doors.

I've been to that dealership . . . but I've gotten all my Porsches from Charlotte.

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I don't want tire protection.
No, I don't want nitrogen in my tires.
No, I don't want edging around my doors.

I've been to that dealership . . . but I've gotten all my Porsches from Charlotte.
LOL

Before I ordered my GTS, I went to Greensboro, Cary, and called Charlotte and Atlanta in the first week of January. Charlotte wasn't even willing to discount.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts