Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Day 2 of post muffler delete, wife hates it, said car was too loud on cold start in the garage of her work place :(. Anyone have recommendations of an aftermarket muffler that would quiet it close to stock? I really only care about hearing the brap during shift tbh, willing to scarifice the loudness. Just like a nice deep and throaty sound.
i think it's going to be tough finding something that will quiet down the sound but also allow for the braps and pops on upshift/downshift/overrun. from what i can tell from vids, the Remus exhaust sounds like it could be the happy medium between OEM and a muffler delete/axle back set up but the Remus is $$$$.

my wife also hated how my car sounded, saying "it sounds like your car is gonna blow up." after i asked her to video my car to post on youtube, she said, "please don't make me do that again." LOL (but now she's kinda used to it). i think it got even more obnoxious after my tune, as it'll give a loud bang even when i quickly let off the gas during aggressive driving. my boys, however, love the car lol.

GL finding a solution!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lol... yup it is louder. If you had the stock tips the exhaust valve controller is there. That will help quiet it down For under sub 2450 rpm and light acceleration.

Something akin to a Flowmaster 40 will quiet it down to louder than stock but louder. However it is a tight space. I thought this (or like this) was my back up if it was too loud.
A two stage smaller muffler is probably middle ground. This is probably 2/3rds size of a flow40. It would probably be best with offset IN vs midle in. Offset in/out would be quietest in the smallest package.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts