Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Macan S - SportChrono
48 Posts
Hi

I don't have PSE on my Macan S, but whould like to keed my stock exhaust with better loud sound.

Is somebody did a muffler delete on their Macan S ?

And is it a good or bad idea ? Thank you all ! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, I did. I have small 6" straight thru round mufflers (sort of a turbo design / ss packed it has holes in it) added in their place. Added 1lb 3/4 diameter by 6" rods after muffler to stop what drone there was. Added Noico insulation to spare tire compartment. To me it sounds phenomenal when you get on it and a minimal increase from stock when cruising about. You could certainly add a larger muffler to quiet it more. Stock mufflers weigh about 14 lbs each. I re-used the stock tips.

Took 3 hours. The tips are at a slant on the Macans and the access area where they stick out are different sizes. So, that took the shop a lot of time to line up.

This is on a S model. So, the turbo is really the 1st "muffler". Oddly, when I set the appointment a base Macan 4 cylinder was there and putting a muffler back on. I would not recommend for any NA cars. Without the turbo blocking the sound exiting it would be very loud.

I should get my car back from the dealer (different issue) Monday and can post a video next week. It sounds deep, not raspy, cold start up sounds about 3x louder than stock and dies down to quieter norm just the same as stock maybe 10 dB louder.

Acceleration seems quicker, but no #s to back that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I did. I have small 6" straight thru round mufflers (sort of a turbo design / ss packed it has hole in it) added in their place. Added 1lb 3/4 diameter by 6" rods after muffler to stop what drone there was. Added Noico insulation to spare tire compartment. To me it sounds phenomenal when you get on it and a minimal increase from stock when cruising about. You could certain add a larger muffler to quiet it more. Stock mufflers weigh about 14 lbs each. I re-used the stock tips.

Took 3 hours. The tips are at a slant on the Macans and the access area where they stick out are different sizes. So, that took the shop a lot of time to line up.

This is on a S model. So, the turbo is really the 1st "muffler". Oddly, when I set the appointment a base Macan 4 cylinder was there and putting a muffler back on. I would not recommend for any NA cars. Without the turbo blocking the sound exiting it would be very loud.

I should get my car back from the dealer (different issue) Monday and can post a video next week. It sounds deep, not rasp, cold start up sounds about 3x louder than stock and dies down to quieter norm just the same as stock maybe 10 dB louder.

Acceleration seems quicker, but no #s to back that. View attachment 233690
Looking forward to the audio !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally someone who is actually doing a muffler delete right! Very excited to see your video and hear your muffler sound! If you could also provide us links of these "round mufflers" you used in the set up as well as picture of the final result from the bottom of the car, that would be awesome. Looking to do a muffler delete on my Macan S as well

Yes, I did. I have small 6" straight thru round mufflers (sort of a turbo design / ss packed it has hole in it) added in their place. Added 1lb 3/4 diameter by 6" rods after muffler to stop what drone there was. Added Noico insulation to spare tire compartment. To me it sounds phenomenal when you get on it and a minimal increase from stock when cruising about. You could certain add a larger muffler to quiet it more. Stock mufflers weigh about 14 lbs each. I re-used the stock tips.

I should get my car back from the dealer (different issue) Monday and can post a video next week. It sounds deep, not rasp, cold start up sounds about 3x louder than stock and dies down to quieter norm just the same as stock maybe 10 dB louder.

Acceleration seems quicker, but no #s to back that. View attachment 233690

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's funny that I actually ran into those parts last night as well. I see so theyre basically just smaller mufflers/resonators. Does the 2.5 inlet and outlet fit the 95B Macan S stock exhaust?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here are some pics. I’ll do a WOT vid when I get a chance Combined with downshifting burbles.
Insulation in battery area but also under the entire spare tire area.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! Looking forward to your sound clip! This will def help my installer and give him an idea of how to start. Also awesome that you were able to continue to use the stock exhaust piping and tips. The installer I talked to mentioned how it's going to be very hard to do that for a muffler delete with how Porsche designed the tips to align in a staggered way. Was your installer able to perfectly re-align them back how they were?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yup, aligned perfect. They used spacers to get the gaps right in the access area that the tips come thru. My tips are now about 1/4" out further than stock now per my request. Both sets of tips have a slight natural outward slant. My guy stood about 4 feet above them On the ladder in the middle of both with his head basically looking down over the license plate. It took maybe 5 tries over 75 mins cause he would get it right then jiggle the car a little to settle it and bam it would be off again. He basically said at the end, he would double the price or skip on the job for the next guy. It was tedious and the owner of the shop handled the entire process Vs. a minion.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts