Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking to get a set of titanium bolts for the new incoming set of wheels.
What i cant figure out is the fitment and size.

Is it ball or conical? im thinking ball.

Length of the bolt it self?

And it also seems the same as the 911 models as well.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Thanks! i was told that the bolts are the same as the ones the 911's use.
Yes, that's correct. It's 29mm ball seat with an R14 radius just like the ones in the 911. Audi lugs also have ball seat but R12 radius so it's a little different shape.

Reactions: SoCalS5

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was searching all weekend and tried to check PT#'s but couldn't find a clear answer.

Currently have the 19" Turbo Wheels (et 21 all around) and looking to get custom 20" aftermarket wheels to match the 20" OEM spec (et 26/19)

Will the current lug bolts work on the upgraded setup?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
......Will the current lug bolts work on the upgraded setup?......
In part, that will depend on what style of lug bolt the aftermarket wheels are designed to use. The lug bolts can have either a cone seat, or a radius (rounded) seat. You can read about the differences in the link below, about two thirds down the webpage.

I believe the Macan uses the rounded seat bolts with an R14 radius (read post number 4 above). If the new wheels are designed for cone seat lugs, then you'll need new bolts. If they can provide the wheels designed for R14 radius seat lugs, then you might be okay as long as the length is still correct. Best to discuss with your wheel supplier. Some manufacturers can provide the wheel either way upon request.

http://www.mcgard.com/customer-service/installationremoval/

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
In addition to the link provided above by @SoCalS5, you might find this recent thread by @SaulV informative:

It includes a video that describes his process of changing to aftermarket wheels, and, as I recall, that includes his determining the nuances of the required bolts with the manufacturer.

I have absolutely no experience in this area, but I had remembered watching that video, and that I found this whole area -- all the assorted measurements and bolt-head curves, etc. -- fascinating, and much more complex than I had imagined (which requirements now seem obvious, but I hadn't really thought about it before).

·
Registered
106 Posts
In part, that will depend on what style of lug bolt the aftermarket wheels are designed to use. The lug bolts can have either a cone seat, or a radius (rounded) seat. You can read about the differences in the link below, about two thirds down the webpage.

I believe the Macan uses the rounded seat bolts with an R14 radius (read post number 4 above). If the new wheels are designed for cone seat lugs, then you'll need new bolts. If they can provide the wheels designed for R14 radius seat lugs, then you might be okay as long as the length is still correct. Best to discuss with your wheel supplier. Some manufacturers can provide the wheel either way upon request.

http://www.mcgard.com/customer-service/installationremoval/
I should have clarified, I was thinking of bolt length compatibility. I've seen that our bolts have room for 5mm so I think they're fine but like @wspollack, wheels are not my expertise. The wheels will be custom built (offset/drilling) so seating should be good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.