Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Standard equipment:

Lighting Systems
Bi-Xenon™ headlights with dynamic headlight leveling, headlight cleaning system and integrated 4-point LED daytime running lights

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Guys, they are xenon headlights with 4 LEDS to serve as DRLs. Same as has been on the Panamera since its release.

This video should resolve any questions...

2014 Porsche Macan Turbo - YouTube

Reactions: mikep89

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Thanks for clearing it up. The four individual LED's are a must have, at night it will look crazy!
Indeed, it does look very mean at night. Here's a Panamera... funny how much it looks like the Macan from the direct front. :)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
To me it looks like those LED headlights serve both as full headlight and for canadian models have a DRL feature, which to my guess limits the intensity and even the amount of LED's running.
Seems like ever manufacturer is trying to have their own signature LED running lights. Audi with their eyebrows and Porse with this quad led projectors.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Seems like ever manufacturer is trying to have their own signature LED running lights. Audi with their eyebrows and Porse with this quad led projectors.
Correct - the Panamera I believe was the first to have this 4 LED signature lighting. The 991 turbo models now have it as well, as does the 918 Spyder.

I suspect that as each model line goes through their mid-cycle refresh they will have this feature added.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) is offered for the first time on Macan GTS for $540 option. Its always hard to choose between classic look and new technology...
Why would it be hard to choose? I don't see ANY reason to not go for the LED-headlights. Only reason not to is the additional cost. Cheap on the GTS, rather expensive on other models.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Errrr... Go and look at the front of your Macan w the lights on. Check the various settings and you'll see the quad beams! It looks really cool. Just how different the GTS PLS with LED etc... is for 2017 we'll just have to wait. But in the meantime we've got the groovy new look.
:)

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Errrr... Go and look at the front of your Macan w the lights on. Check the various settings and you'll see the quad beams! It looks really cool. Just how different the GTS PLS with LED etc... is for 2017 we'll just have to wait. But in the meantime we've got the groovy new look.

"....groovy look". Far Out :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
775 Posts
You actually don't have to wait. Just check out any Cayenne (2015 facelift) with LED head-lights and you will see exactly how it looks on the Macan since it is the same unit :)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just so everyone is clear, there are 3 light choices, Halogen, Bi-xenon and LED. In Europe, the Halogen are std with Bi-Xenon and LED as options. In some countries, such as the US, the Bi-Xenons are the base lights with the only option now being the LED.

Both the Bi-Xenon and the LED have 4 point DRLs....but in a completely different configuration. The Halogens do not have 4 pt DRLs.

Below are pictures of the Bi-Xenon list vs the new LEDs. As you can see the 4 pt DRLs are quite different.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You actually don't have to wait. Just check out any Cayenne (2015 facelift) with LED head-lights and you will see exactly how it looks on the Macan since it is the same unit :)
It's a v similar unit, but there's some subtle differences. I think the Macan's looks slightly better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.