Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear all,

Could anyone tell me what is included
i) Partial leather seats

includes:
Power Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Driver and front passenger seats feature memory function for seating positions, steering column and side mirrors as well as individual setting such as lights, wipers, climate control, door lock setting, instrument cluster and PCM (via remote). Settings can be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door. Front seats offer electric adjustment of:

Seat backrest
Seat height
Fore/aft position
Seat cushion inclination
Seat cushion depth
Lumbar support (4-way)
NOTE:
Steering column also features electric height and fore/aft adjustment.

ii) Partial leather seats with leather package

Includes:
Driver and front passenger seats feature memory function for seating positions, steering column and side mirrors as well as individual setting such as lights, wipers, climate control, door lock setting, instrument cluster and PCM (via remote). Settings can be recalled using the additional memory buttons in the door. Front seats offer electric adjustment of:

Seat backrest
Seat height
Fore/aft position
Seat cushion inclination
Seat cushion depth
Lumbar support (4-way)
NOTE:

iii) Leather interior

Includes:

Seat backrest
Seat height
Fore/aft position
Seat cushion inclination
Seat cushion depth
Lumbar support (4-way)
NOTE:

All above are copied from the USA car configurator. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
972 Posts
the first leather upgrade adds leather to the highlighted areas:

the second (full) leather upgrade adds leather to the lower dash, upper door trim and centre console.

i personally am looking to skip all leather upgrades as i will not notice it after the first day or two :) none of the cars at my dealer had leather dash, but i didn't notice until i looked for it...

note, full leather interior is required if you want two-tone (since the colour scheme carries across to the tops of the doors)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am considering upgrading the leather to partial, any other thoughts from anyone? will i notice a difference?
I think you have make a right choice as in to maintain the leatherette/Alcantara package is a bit difficult (for me), but having say that for Victoria weather, I am not sure having leather seats without ventilation will burn your ass off during summer hot day. ;)

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think you have make a right choice as in to maintain the leatherette/Alcantara package is a bit difficult (for me), but having say that for Victoria weather, I am not sure having leather seats without ventilation will burn your ass off during summer hot day. ;)
I have been there with my BMW... black leather + hot day = not fun. If the seat panels are leather, ventilation is a must (which requires seat heating to be added first). So that makes partial leather a AU$9000 option.

Could any tell me back seat can be adjust front and back?
They are fixed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay thanks very much, so will stay with my initial choice of leatherette!!! WhiteMacan I am based in Melbourne as well!! Where you getting yours from?
Hi Rob,

I will be trying on privatefleet for some bargain since I heard no discount from the dealership. Most probably will be trying on the Brighton dealership since they are recently open for business. Might get some promotion stuffs?? :cool:

Hi Chylld,

Could you please list out all you options? or is still early to decide?

Thanks. appreciated.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi Chylld,

Could you please list out all you options? or is still early to decide?
I keep changing my mind :) However you can see my current config with porsche code PFWNE2T9

75-litre fuel tank
Model designation delete
Panoramic roof system
Floor mats
Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Heated front seats
Seat ventilation front
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Entry & Drive
20" RS Spyder design wheels (20-spoke)
3-zone climate control

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I keep changing my mind :) However you can see my current config with porsche code PFWNE2T9

75-litre fuel tank
Model designation delete
Panoramic roof system
Floor mats
Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Heated front seats
Seat ventilation front
Porsche Entry & Drive
3-zone climate control

Model designation delete - white with chrome looks nice.:confused:
Panoramic roof system
Floor mats
Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) - no lane change assist?
Heated front seats ?? no leather why needed?
Seat ventilation front ?? no leather why needed?
Porsche Entry & Drive
3-zone climate control

online services?
Monochrome Black exterior package (high-gloss)?
Air suspension with self-levelling function and height adjustment including Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)?
Storage package?
Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear?
Brushed aluminium interior package

I know I sound crazy $$$:eek::eek::D:D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Model designation delete - white with chrome looks nice.:confused:
It still says "Porsche" :) I just don't want it to say "Macan" because I know everyone will pronounce it wrong.

Adaptive cruise control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS) - no lane change assist?
Nice to have but I trust looking over my shoulder rather than just checking a light :) With a bit of extra budget though, yes I would get lane change assist.

Heated front seats ?? no leather why needed?
Seat ventilation front ?? no leather why needed?

Summer makes the cabin very hot, even with a white car it can be quite unbearable and I am often driving to play sport so the faster I cool down the better. Side bolsters are ventilated which in theory would be doing most of the work anyway with leather seats since you are sitting on and covering most of the seat panels. Not 100% sure though.

online services?
Content comes from the Aha app and I played with it for a few days on my android phone and found it useless :)

Monochrome Black exterior package (high-gloss)?
Wife wants chrome on the outside. Should be a no-cost option anyway

Air suspension?
Steel springs + PASM is far more capable than I'll ever need, esp since I don't go off-road.

Storage package?
Thought about it, but I'm not paying AU$750 for an under-seat drawer and rear cover net! (I wouldn't use glovebox card holder or seat-back pouches)

Porsche Crest embossed on head restraints, front and rear?
Very cool but I wouldn't notice it. I had a look at my current car and only just realised that it has the VW "R" logo on it! In 2+ years of owning the car I never noticed it. The embossed Porsche logo would be even less noticeable :)

Brushed aluminium interior package
Personal preference. I don't think the brushed alu mixes well with the chrome. I have sat in a Cayenne with the black piano trim and it looks very nice in real life :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I don't believe any of the seats for the Australian market will have alcantara. If you look at the configurator in other areas it mentions alcantara but the Australian one does not. I checked this with my dealer and he said the seats will be leather in the centre areas. There was also a post on rennlist or another forum from someone in the US that said the US configurator was also incorrect and all US cars come with leather in those areas. They have altered the text in the configurator but said the images will not be updated for some time.

I will be double checking with my dealer as I definitely do not want alcantara inserts. Let me know if your dealers have said anything different.

Just found the link I was discussing:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/macan/323005-macan-usa-builds-start-march-2.html

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quite the revelation... checked my info and it appears to be the case. That means the first leather upgrade only adds leather to the dash, armrests, and centre console lid.

Also means ventilation is a must for me... which requires seat heating... there goes $4k!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whilst this is great news (as partial leather seats are standard in Australia like all other Porshes which means 'Standard colours: Black1, Agate Grey2, Luxor Beige1 Smooth-finish leather in interior colour: steering wheel rim, gear selector and gearshift gaiter, seat covering' it does beg another question.....

Why in Australia particularly are the 'partial leather seats with leather package' and the 'leather interior' options so bloody expensive down under compared to other markets?

Porsche Australia has given us a great price on the Macan which is (taxes excluded and 'standard' options added) at Parity with the US, UK and Germany, but want to gouge the **** out of us on options.

My problem is that the standard spec is so comprehensive that I only want about $2000 worth of options, EXCEPT I want the pebble grey interior which will take the car from about $95k driveaway to $110k! A build to order Porsche is a lifelong dream and I will probably keep the car for 8-10 years (will be a my car once it goes off lease for my wife).... so I will justify it somehow but it still hurts!

When I get a chance I will post all of the 'standard' options in Australia, pretty comprehensive.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.