Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,733 Posts
Racing Green wouldn't work for me, but I think it's a very deep and rich color. Kudos to you for picking a very..ahem..distinctive color on a Macan. You obviously wanted it enough to pay PTS price, and that shows how much you love it, and that's all that matters! The beige interior looks great with the green, BTW. As to upkeep, I've had 2 Pebble Gray interiors and didn't find them unduly difficult to keep clean. My first, the '17 GTS, was when I was volunteering at a therapeutic riding organization; handling, training, and riding horses, and wore blue jeans exclusively. A quick wipe down with a leather cleaner/restorer every couple of weeks kept the leather looking new.
Enjoy your beautiful Macan!

· Registered
225 Posts
I know what you mean about the 2.9, but where I live in Europe, the tax on the 2.9 is crippling. So, I decided to go with the base, and spend the money on paint, rather than buy a 2.9 and hand a ton of money over to the government!
I hear you loud and clear on the taxes. I know we’re pretty lucky over in the “New World” and even though we grouse about taxes we have a lot less to complain about on that score for sure! I hear the upside of the 4 is a lighter front end and very agile handling. Drive her in good health.

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
191 Posts
I'm not gonna lie - thats stunning. I've previously had two cars in British Racing Green and it looks just as good on the Macan. Not the interior for me - probably suits the older driver ;)

Shots in the wild and further back would be good to see. The 2.0 engine is still highly tunable if thats your thing ...

· Registered
139 Posts
The PTS Racing Green is an excellent choice but the interior, while beautiful, will be very difficult to keep. Please don’t let anyone wear jeans while enjoying the ride. The dye will transfer.
And, I think you’ll agree that beauty is, as beauty does. You may miss that beautiful 2.9.
I have 75,000 miles on a Pebble Grey interior (basically white seats) and I wear jeans more often than not.

No problems to date with dye transfer.

I do use leather cleaner and conditioner on a regular basis, though.

· Premium Member
236 Posts
My friend has a turbo S in that color along with the hounds tooth interior. I tried to reason with him not to do this. He’s still my friend. He loves the car as well as the color. I’m happy for him but I find it hard to even discuss the car when I talk to him other than how it drives.

My point is that I like my friend. I like the car. But because the color is something I can’t handle on any level it ruins it that badly that I get quiet. I think British racing green belongs on a car like a jaguar. Even that I wouldn’t want but I would understand it a little bit more. I completely don’t get it on the Macan and can’t stomach it on in at 911.
Ok?

· Registered
14,870 Posts
I didn’t realize he bought the car. I thought he just simply saw it in the show room. I realize now that it’s his. He got my honest feelings about it though. I might’ve ignored it otherwise. I’m not a fan of green cars. Most here know that I like the traditional colors. I’m even having second thoughts on color I ordered to try something different. I almost wish I went traditional again. Either way I do wish him well with his car just like I did with my friend. He hast to like it and that’s what’s important.

· Registered
Macan Turbo MY21
191 Posts
Green is the real Porsche family color, that's what most of the Porsche Piech family cars are in. The 1 million's 911 was green too.
Great info ...

To the OP - you got a classic colour (y) plus you got a future sellinbg point 'My colour choice was inspired by the great Doctor ....' ;)

· Registered
2 Posts
In a world of black, grey, silver, white and dark blue Porsches, it is refreshing to see a nod back to the plethora of color palettes that helped me get excited about the brand in the 70's. Looking above my computer at a dark green 911 die-cast CMC model right now in a display case. Such a beauty.
Well done.

· Registered
206 Posts
Hi - When speccing my Macan (my first Porsche) I looked closely at this forum for guidance. I have just taken delivery of a base Macan in PTS racing green metallic. The cost of PTS cannot possibly be justified, of course, but I just love this colour, and think it looks great on a Macan.
Absolutely gorgeous. Well done.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts