Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - When speccing my Macan (my first Porsche) I looked closely at this forum for guidance. I have just taken delivery of a base Macan in PTS racing green metallic. The cost of PTS cannot possibly be justified, of course, but I just love this colour, and think it looks great on a Macan.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,859 Posts
My friend has a turbo S in that color along with the hounds tooth interior. I tried to reason with him not to do this. He’s still my friend. He loves the car as well as the color. I’m happy for him but I find it hard to even discuss the car when I talk to him other than how it drives.

My point is that I like my friend. I like the car. But because the color is something I can’t handle on any level it ruins it that badly that I get quiet. I think British racing green belongs on a car like a jaguar. Even that I wouldn’t want but I would understand it a little bit more. I completely don’t get it on the Macan and can’t stomach it on in at 911.

·
Registered
2017 Macan S
5 Posts
Hi - When speccing my Macan (my first Porsche) I looked closely at this forum for guidance. I have just taken delivery of a base Macan in PTS racing green metallic. The cost of PTS cannot possibly be justified, of course, but I just love this colour, and think it looks great on a Macan.
Great choice!!! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! that is an amazing color. Add a pic out in natural light sometime. What interior color did you pick? a saddle brown would be amazing with that.
I would have liked saddle brown, but that option was not available. So, it’s beige (contrasts nicely with the green). The alternatives were black or pebble grey, which weren’t really what I was looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Enjoy it! Looks great.

I’m hoping to follow your lead in another year or so. I‘ll ditch my boring white Macan for a new pts base Macan. I haven’t selected the color yet.

(Yep, that’s right hard core forum users, a few of us care more about the “look” than opting for the extra power and performance of a GTS. lolll).

·
Registered
2021 Macan
203 Posts
I would have liked saddle brown, but that option was not available. So, it’s beige (contrasts nicely with the green). The alternatives were black or pebble grey, which weren’t really what I was looking for.
You chose wisely. (y)

·
Registered
223 Posts
The PTS Racing Green is an excellent choice but the interior, while beautiful, will be very difficult to keep. Please don’t let anyone wear jeans while enjoying the ride. The dye will transfer.
And, I think you’ll agree that beauty is, as beauty does. You may miss that beautiful 2.9.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks fantastic! Congratulations!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know what you mean about the 2.9, but where I live in Europe, the tax on the 2.9 is crippling. So, I decided to go with the base, and spend the money on paint, rather than buy a 2.9 and hand a ton of money over to the government!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beautiful color, very close to the Forest Green metallic of my 987 Boxster; which at the time was only $650! Probably still my favorite Porsche color, but now that it’s PTS, forget it 😁

1 - 20 of 43 Posts