Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

Registered
@wkndbox What is the cost for your custom map for the S for ACN91 (for AZ owners)?
@BGB Motorsports I second this question for those who have the AP already? another AZ owner. Adding a map for comparison using the ACN fuel Will be helpful in moving to a custom tune.
@BGB Motorsports I hear a group-buy coming on for S and GTS owners.

Who's with me?

Registered
Definitely interested. You need to get better test runs. Those results look almost like stock numbers.

Registered
Definitely interested, so add me to the list. Before making the leap I'd like a little more information. How much will it cost above the price of the Accessport? Will we get both the 91 octane file as well as the 93 octane file? 93 octane is available in my area, but when traveling that's not always the case. I would sure like the option to revert to your lower octane tune, although I understand the Cobb 91 octane tune is always available.

Registered
Definitely interested, so add me to the list. Before making the leap I'd like a little more information. How much will it cost above the price of the Accessport? Will we get both the 91 octane file as well as the 93 octane file? 93 octane is available in my area, but when traveling that's not always the case. I would sure like the option to revert to your lower octane tune, although I understand the Cobb 91 octane tune is always available.
All great questions.

I'm pretty sure John will have everything answered in the days coming.

E.g.,
1. How much does it cost?
-Accessport + E-Tune
-E-Tune Alone

2. What do I get with the E-Tune? How many revisions does it include (if any)?

3. Based on your test results is there any way to publish some sort of average hp/trq gains?

Macan S
Macan GTS
ACN91, 91, 93, 100

Registered
I'm not so much interested in max HP and TQ gains for the BGB custom tune (you can see the Cobb results on their web site and I suspect BGB won't be dramatically better). After all, with launch control the GTS is already a very fast vehicle, at least looking at the numbers. As BGB pointed out in their first post, it just doesn't feel that way. That's the real problem and what I would like to see improved. Unfortunately, you can't measure that on a dyno or by 0-60 times. It's all about making the everyday driving experience better.

Registered
I'm not so much interested in max HP and TQ gains for the BGB custom tune (you can see the Cobb results on their web site and I suspect BGB won't be dramatically better). After all, with launch control the GTS is already a very fast vehicle, at least looking at the numbers. As BGB pointed out in their first post, it just doesn't feel that way. That's the real problem and what I would like to see improved. Unfortunately, you can't measure that on a dyno or by 0-60 times. It's all about making the everyday driving experience better.
I totally agree with you.

If we were in the numbers game we would all just slap on a 2-bigger turbos, custom stand alone tune, e85, then call it a day.

But I think majority of us are mall-crawlers that yearn for power when putting around town.

Registered
:: compiled everything into one list for convenience ::

BGB Motorsports COBB E-Tune+

FAQs

I. Cost
How much does it cost?
-Accessport + E-Tune
-E-Tune Alone

II. Compatibility
Many of us had the recent ALA2 fuel pump cover recall completed which included a DME update. With that said we've had to update our COBBs with a Beta version to work properly (see attached). Will your updates work on this latest version from COBB?

III. Gains
Based on your initial test results is there any way to publish some sort of average hp/trq gains?
ACN91, 91, 93, 100
Macan S
Macan GTS

Does your tune for the Macan S/GTS address the rough/wonky shifting from the PDK others have encountered with "out of the box" Cobb tunes?

IV. What Does it Include
What do I get with the E-Tune? How many revisions does it include (if any)?

Group Buy List
Think Big, Support Small! Let's get this group buy going. If you are remotely interested please add yourself to this list. I'll kick it off.
  1. thelaw_thechef
  2. notmac1
  3. wkndbox
  4. Vamsee Krishna
  5. mjc
  6. VolcanoGTS
  7. lagunas2k
  8. Razor07
  9. Masscan

Attachments

Registered
I am In for my S.

Registered
BGB,

Does your tune for the Macan S and GTS address the rough/wonky shifting from the PDK others have encountered with "out of the box" Cobb tunes?

Registered
BGB,

Does your tune for the Macan S and GTS address the rough/wonky shifting from the PDK others have encountered with "out of the box" Cobb tunes?
Thought that was limited to just a small percentage of Turbo owners? This topic seems to be discussed over and over again by the same small group of owners. Not saying it鈥檚 not a problem for those who are afflicted by it, but most don鈥檛 seem to experience it, and it seems most that do have been able to resolve with a custom tune by BGB or others. Perhaps there are some exceptions.

We have Cobb OTB tunes on both our Turbo and GTS with no shifting issues at all, and so do lots of other owners.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts