Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Good to know. It may be because most of those 100 miles were in heavy traffic in NYC. Hopefully it will get better over time.
A break-in period no longer needed for Macans? What is you fastest speed block to block?

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Sport mode in NYC is akin to a push up bra in a convent.

:)

I spent 2 hours getting from the Tri Boro to 34th Street last Tuesday.
A young Julia Andrews comes to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 95B3.6

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Sport mode in NYC is akin to a push up bra in a convent.

I spent 2 hours getting from the Tri Boro to 34th Street last Tuesday.
@CourtneyNYC, you slay me.🤣 You take me back to the early Forum days when we had informative posts and side-splitting humor in nearly equal parts. My wife would hear me laughing and ask "are you on that blog that cracks you up?" Good old days. I'm pretty sure we even had @grim chuckling once in awhile.;) Don't go buying a Toyota or something and leave this board, @CourtneyNYC

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bark and burble just isn’t the same in Sport Plus or Comfort.
Having driven the 992 for 2 years, I am kinda addicted to that "subtle" popcorn popping sound lol. And I have driven on a lot of aftermarket exhausts in the past. The sound in the Macan isn't as pronounced as my 992, but still a joy to my ears (and my passengers).

· Registered
1,940 Posts
Don't go buying a Toyota or something and leave this board, @CourtneyNYC
Unfortunately . . . that is kind of what happened. After my "paying $4,000" (nearly the cost of a handbag birthday gift yesterday) for a headlight . . . . . and with my Macan, that morphed into a Palm Beach - NY commuter during COVID, reaching the warranty . . . I ordered a Subaru Outback with every available option, drove the Macan in, left with a paid for Outback and a wad of cash. So, the Porsche left and 2 new Audis, an e-Tron (she wanted to have one but not be dependent on the EV), an S5 Cabriolet (she likes the sound) and the Subaru . . . . which comes standard with Torque vectoring, acoustic/thermal glass, heated/cooled seats wheels and so forth and some amazing technology and 2X the cargo space . . perfect of the weekend home in Rhinebeck.

She's been through a number of Porsches including a Boxter, the first Cayenne imported to the USA and 8 911 variants . . so we may not be gone forever. She's got an itch for an R8 Spyder, which her girlfriend just bought, and a Z06 . . . she's much more of a car fanatic than I . . . so we'll likely be back.

I've been lingering on the forum, which is more exciting than a Subaru forum, until I get kicked off for off topic posts . . . then we'll fade away.

Fun bunch !

· Registered
1,732 Posts
Unfortunately . . . that is kind of what happened. After my "paying $4,000" (nearly the cost of a handbag birthday gift yesterday) for a headlight . . . . . and with my Macan, that morphed into a Palm Beach - NY commuter during COVID, reaching the warranty . . . I ordered a Subaru Outback with every available option, drove the Macan in, left with a paid for Outback and a wad of cash. So, the Porsche left and 2 new Audis, an e-Tron (she wanted to have one but not be dependent on the EV), an S5 Cabriolet (she likes the sound) and the Subaru . . . . which comes standard with Torque vectoring, acoustic/thermal glass, heated/cooled seats wheels and so forth and some amazing technology and 2X the cargo space . . perfect of the weekend home in Rhinebeck.

She's been through a number of Porsches including a Baxter, the first Cayenne imported to the USA and 8 911 variants . . so we may not be gone forever. She's got an itch for an R8 Spyder, which her girlfriend just bought, and a Z06 . . . she's much more of a car fanatic than I . . . so we'll likely be back.

I've been lingering on the forum, which is more exciting than a Subaru forum, until I get kicked off for off topic posts . . . then we'll fade away.

Fun bunch !
Keep us posted. And don't trade in your sense of humor.:cry:

Reactions: 95B3.6

· Registered
371 Posts
What is everyone getting on their MPG? I have 100 miles on the ODO but getting 10 MPG so far - is that normal? Driving in Sport mode all the time.
I have a 2018 Macan GTS, and I drive in eco mode most of the time.
I have no clue what my actual mileage is, just a reference to what the computer says.
I average about 19 MPG city driving when I hit red lights, and 24 MPG when I hit green lights.
In sport plus mode city driving really hard, I predicted that I get about 10 MPG.
On the highway or interstate, I get about 24 MPG driving over 70 MPH.
Going to Vegas at 247 miles with a full tank, driving over 80 MPH, I have about 4 gallons left, 20.58 MPG
On the way home 247 miles with a full tank, 6 gallons left, 27.44 MPG.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts