Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why the system won't allow me to select the GTS Interior package (red stitching on black leather + red seatbelts + red tach) and the premium package?
Under Interior Colors and Materials, Leather Interior / Leather Seats, there is the option to have "Leather interior in black with stitching in carmine red icw GTS Interior Package).
I love the look of this, especially GTS logo on headrest in red.
If I select this, then select the Premium package, it says I have to remove the GTS Interior Package (above).

It appear the vented seats are the problem. If I don't select the Premium Package, and instead select everything in the package separately, it objects to the vented seats.

I can pay a huge amount to add red stitching later, but it doesn't include the GTS logo in red on the headrest, and I end up paying $7780 for stitching, tachometer in red, seatbelts in red, and leather interior in black instead of $4790 for all this in the package.

Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed that vented seats do not work with Alcantara centers, but Pamela selected FULL LEATHER interior, which, I believe, means there's NO Alcantara on the seats....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Edit: I see what you're saying. There does appear to be a "Leather Interior in Black with Stitching in Carmine Red i.c.w. GTS Interior Package" (full leather), but it is also seemingly incompatible with ventilated seats for some reason. It might be a bug in the configurator? I'd check with your dealer

·
Registered
739 Posts
I believe you can't even colour the sport chrono dial red if you choose the GTS interior package which seems very strange as all that needs to change is the colour of a metallic disc. You need to sit down with you PSA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know with the 2017 and 2018 GTS the silver or red stitched GTS interior package would not allow the addition of ventilated seats with the full leather centers either. I get why on the alcantara but I don’t get why you couldn’t get ventilated seats when you chose the full leather GTS interior package. I noticed the same on the new ones.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Why ? ...Cause, Porsche... :poop:

Another goofy example : You can't order 'Side Blades in High Gloss Black' on a GTS model, but you can on a Turbo !?!? Like there could be some incompatibility with high gloss-painted blades on the body of a GTS - - really ??

Only a dealership sales order / inventory person can tell you if this combo is allowed in reality or not.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's not incompatablities. Porsche just doesnt want certain combos with certain cars. The GTS is the sports car sort of race edition. Race cars dont get ventilated seats. Also they want to preserve certain color combos and dont want a GTS on the road with certain color choices. (Of course you can paint it later) but they dont want to supply those options.

Try Toyota and Lexus for example. You cant get red interior with light colored exteriors etc. They choose what you're allowed based on how they want their brand to look. They dont allow non wood trims sometimes based on the exterior color choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's not incompatablities. Porsche just doesnt want certain combos with certain cars. The GTS is the sports car sort of race edition. Race cars dont get ventilated seats. Also they want to preserve certain color combos and dont want a GTS on the road with certain color choices. (Of course you can paint it later) but they dont want to supply those options.

Try Toyota and Lexus for example. You cant get red interior with light colored exteriors etc. They choose what you're allowed based on how they want their brand to look. They dont allow non wood trims sometimes based on the exterior color choice.
For colors, yes, that is certainly true. But by your logic, that means that both my Macan GTS and Cayman GTS with ventilated seats are flukes that never should have been allowed to be made.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well not unless you got the leather seats. The alcantara sport seats are not to have ventilated seats. When choosing the leather seats porsche seems to call that the non sport edition (also they aren't perforated in alcantara)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well not unless you got the leather seats. The alcantara sport seats are not to have ventilated seats. When choosing the leather seats porsche seems to call that the non sport edition (also they aren't perforated in alcantara)
As I said above, I am not selecting alcantara seats. The seats are full leather.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh I see what you're wanting. So the GTS package is only available on the sports seats. Which are the 8 way.

You can only get ventilation on the 14 or 18 way seats. But if you do that you can only pick the red/ black interior leather but not the gts trims and stitching and gts badges.

They want the GTS color scheme to retain the 8 way seats for sportiness. Premium package / ventilation is available for anyone to have on a GTS vehicle but not with the GTS interior pack which forces 8 way seats which dont allow ventilator seats. Regardless of being leather or alcantara. It's the seat itself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2017 Macan GTS with full leather GTS interior package with Premium Package and 14 way seats. I have the red stitching, red tach, red seat belts and red stitching "GTS" on all headrests. I always wondered why it didn't have the ventilated seats and just thought that it wasn't ordered on this car. Now I know why it isn't there. Never knew that ventilated seats were not available with this configuration.
I also noticed that my Sport Chrono dial on the dash has a white second hand and it is not orange like most dials on the dash. It might have something to do with the way my car was configured with GTS interior package. I have had my GTS for over 3 years and I'm still learning something new about it, really enjoy the information on this forum. There is no substitute! LOL :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh I see what you're wanting. So the GTS package is only available on the sports seats. Which are the 8 way.

You can only get ventilation on the 14 or 18 way seats. But if you do that you can only pick the red/ black interior leather but not the gts trims and stitching and gts badges.

They want the GTS color scheme to retain the 8 way seats for sportiness. Premium package / ventilation is available for anyone to have on a GTS vehicle but not with the GTS interior pack which forces 8 way seats which dont allow ventilator seats. Regardless of being leather or alcantara. It's the seat itself.
Just to clarify - I can get the GTS with full leather GTS interior package on 14 & 18 way seats, then I could select everything but ventilated seats in the premium package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just to clarify - I can get the GTS with full leather GTS interior package on 14 & 18 way seats, then I could select everything but ventilated seats in the premium package.
But it would cost a lot more to select things individually instead of selecting the package.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yea I know what you mean. I ordered my turbo and wanted certain things black for example and I couldnt get a package and had to spend more just to get what I wanted. You basically get charged more for an extra service out of the norm. Most orders are just standard packages so they make it difficult (more expensive) to change it.

Look at paint for example. Every color generally costs the same amount to paint yet it goes from 800 bucks color option to like 12000 for a color of your choice just because they can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone know why the system won't allow me to select the GTS Interior package (red stitching on black leather + red seatbelts + red tach) and the premium package?
Under Interior Colors and Materials, Leather Interior / Leather Seats, there is the option to have "Leather interior in black with stitching in carmine red icw GTS Interior Package).
I love the look of this, especially GTS logo on headrest in red.
If I select this, then select the Premium package, it says I have to remove the GTS Interior Package (above).

It appear the vented seats are the problem. If I don't select the Premium Package, and instead select everything in the package separately, it objects to the vented seats.

I can pay a huge amount to add red stitching later, but it doesn't include the GTS logo in red on the headrest, and I end up paying $7780 for stitching, tachometer in red, seatbelts in red, and leather interior in black instead of $4790 for all this in the package.

Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had TWO dealers try to get me the interior GTS package (red stitching, seatbelts, headrest logos, tacho) with full black leather WITH ventilation, and even though there is no RATIONAL reason it can't be done, they won't do it, at ANY cost. I've given up. I'll just keep my 2017 which is exactly what I love - if only I could get the interior GTS package!! If there are any dealers out there anywhere in the USA , that can make that happen, they have a Colorado customer for life.
DSC05918.JPG

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
This is a frustrating problem.

In my 2018 GTS, I had the GTS interior package with the premium package with 18 way seats. I was good with not having vented seats.

Trying to build a new one like my old one and I to was wondering why these two packages don’t mix. Like you mentioned to buy the options you want in the premium package would cost a ton more than buying the package.

I wish some wise person would have a solution to this little problem and make the computer magically accept the options you want.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts