Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Does anyone know, if Porsche plans a facelift for the Macan , for the model in 2018?

Not sure but, from what I've read it looks like it will be for MY 2020 and that means it will surface toward the end of 2019. Again, reading in this forum, I learned the Porsche cycle for facelifts is about every six or seven years and the Macan made its debut in 2014 .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
All kidding aside, you should check the facelift possibility with someone that might actually know, like Porsche marketing or sales.

I too am waiting for a facelift before potentially ordering yet another Macan. Either that or I order a Yugo or Raptor ;)

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
All kidding aside, you should check the facelift possibility with someone that might actually know, like Porsche marketing or sales.

I too am waiting for a facelift before potentially ordering yet another Macan. Either that or I order a Yugo or Raptor ;)

If you order a Raptor, it will set off all the proximity sensors in our Macans!!! DON'T DO IT :eek:

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hi,
So i if we were to order a Macan today...we would get a MY 2017. When would the MY2018 kick in for orders ?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Hi,
So i if we were to order a Macan today...we would get a MY 2017. When would the MY2018 kick in for orders ?
Thanks

Info during the Summer of 17 and order during the fourth quarter for first quarter of 18 arrival.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Thank you, so no point in waiting :)

Nope. One one ? Get one. The reality is that MY 14 to MY 18 or 19 won't be that much different. There are small changes but the "heart, brain" and look of the Macan will be all the same. Nice cars these Macans are.

Gitcha one ;)

Reactions: Louie Zoi

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
hi,
Yes I have been lurking on the site for months now, learning. A GTS is in my future. will trade in my Infinti FX50S.....it's no slouch either. I may spec the build for January......for a April delivery as I do not want delivery in the winter here, Toronto. It will never see wet :)
Thats what company cars are for :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Why would you buy an expensive SUV which you won't drive in the winter and won't see wet? If you want a fair weather vehicle, why not buy a Boxster, Cayman or 911? An SUV is a pale replacement for those anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Hi,
I just like the Utility of an SUV, suits me for my band gear etc.... Okay, maybe some wet.....but definitely not snow and salt :)

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Not everyone buys a Porsche because they wanted a sports car. I like 911's and it's fleet brethren but, I had no want or need for the sports cars. I got the Porsche that I wanted, a Macan.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why would you buy an expensive SUV which you won't drive in the winter and won't see wet? If you want a fair weather vehicle, why not buy a Boxster, Cayman or 911? An SUV is a pale replacement for those anyway.
Totally wrong take on why I prefer a Macan to a Sports car.

1) I have no engine rumbling a few inches behind my head aka Boxter or Cayman
2) The higher driving position means its more comfortable
3) Its 4 wheel drive so bring on the snow and ice and rain (I do live in the UK)
4) I can get out of it easily, and it takes the grandkids and all our luggage
5) Mine is Turbo so more than quick enough
6) Have driven a 911, great car but I stuggle to get in and out of them
7) After driving the Turbo around the Silverstone PEC, no GTS, no 911, no Cayman, no Boxster who were on the circuits at the same time could keep up with me and the Turbo

Its a win win car

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
7) After driving the Turbo around the Silverstone PEC, no GTS, no 911, no Cayman, no Boxster who were on the circuits at the same time could keep up with me and the Turbo
That result speaks more about your driving skills than the Turbo being better on a track than those previously mentioned Porsches.

Reactions: Macan27 and tossero

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Reactions: NETX and TripleL
1 - 20 of 28 Posts