Porsche Macan Forum banner

Macan Diesel on German Autobahn

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ricmat 
#1 ·
So, yesterday my son (16 and on school holiday) and I decided to visit the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart in my Macan S Diesel. This is the first time I took the Macan to Germany and although the Autobahn Basel-Karlsruhe-Stuttgart was rather crowded with some road works in between, I nevertheless could on some occasions where speed was not restricted let her go and admittedly coming from restricted Switzerland (max 120km/h on our Autobahns) it was a very nice ride in the left lane at 150-190 km/h. I could not test max speed, having had to slow down due to traffic after reaching 225 on the speedo while still slowly building up speed. However, 150-190 km/h are imho the most comfortable and efficient speeds on suitable roads for the Diesel. (total distance 720km, 7.3 l/100km = roughly 32mpg)
BTW, the Museum is definitely worth a visit inside (mostly racing cars) and out (architecture). Tomorrow we'll drive to Mulhouse in France and yet visit another museum (Cité de l'Automobile, with the famous Schlumpf Collection with over 100 Bugatti). Cheers, Marc

#2 ·
140 mph from an oil burner is not to be sneezed at Marc.

Glad you are enyoying the road trip.

Do add more details as your trip progresses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.