Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some one smuggled secrets that reveal interesting details about the Macan.

We know that at launch the Macan will show up in Turbo and S trim, we now have pricing and engine specs for each.

The Macan S will show up with a Turbocharged 3.0 L which puts out 420 hp (in Panamera) and retail for $52,000.

Macan Turbo will show with a Turbocharged 3.6 L. This engine is actually from the base Cayenne and sourced from Audi. In the Cayenne it puts out 300 hp Naturally aspirated, so it will be interesting to see what performance figures are. I'm expecting north of 500 to justify Macan Turbos $75,000 retail price.

Both will come with 7 speed PDK as standard

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you think whoever shot these photos is getting fired by Porsche?

Also I don't think that the picture is actually what the Macan will look like. This is just a rendering. So don't take that taillight design as the actual design.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Cayenne starts at $49,600 ... I'm really surprised the Macan will cost more ... for their smaller SUV.

I suppose if/when they release a 4-cylinder Macan, the price might be lower than the base Cayenne ... but still, not sure anyone would want a 4-cylinder Porsche.

Too bad the Macan won't be offered with their manual transmission, like the current Cayenne.

It also appears that cargo space will be less than the Audi Q5.

At this point I'm sold on the Cayenne ... less expensive, more cargo room, available 6MT.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Cayenne starts at $49,600 ... I'm really surprised the Macan will cost more ... for their smaller SUV.

I suppose if/when they release a 4-cylinder Macan, the price might be lower than the base Cayenne ... but still, not sure anyone would want a 4-cylinder Porsche.

Too bad the Macan won't be offered with their manual transmission, like the current Cayenne.

It also appears that cargo space will be less than the Audi Q5.

At this point I'm sold on the Cayenne ... less expensive, more cargo room, available 6MT.
yeah it sure seems like the pricing listed in in USD.
My impression was that the Macan is suppose to be a mini-cayenne, costing less than it. TBH i was expecting it to start at the low $40k range

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Audi SQ5 ($51,900) is the direct competitor of the Macan S ($52,000 EST).

If Porsche eventually offers the 2.0 4-cylinder base Macan, which I hope they don't, since it can dilute the brand, it would compete with the Audi Q5 ($41,200). If they do, expect a price of $42,000+.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it would be great if the S is indeed a twin-turbo 3.0 with 420 hp, but i am dubious. how could Porsche come in at the same price point as the Audi SQ5 while packing 65 more hp (among other improvements)? the Panamera with the twin-turbo V6 costs double what the Macan will. isn't it more likely that the Macan S will have the same supercharged 3.0 as the Audi (as has been predicted all along)? me thinks the 3.0T Audi nomenclature has led to a misunderstanding.

edit. hmmm, squinted hard at the graphic and it does say bi-turbo for both. oh well, here's hoping it's true and my pessimism is unwarranted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.