Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This series of youtube videos shows a Porsche dealership service. Instead of putting the battery in the electronics section, the AS problems in suspension, for convenience sake I've put them in the same post. Some of this explains "why" they do certain things. So ...

First, changing the Macan Battery.

Air Compressor Problem. Ouch, that looks expensive to fix.

Flat

Major Service, the BIG $$$$$$$$ service

Intermediate Service, the Not quite as $$$$ service

Air bag warning light. :eek: Wow that's a lot of work

LCA and Rear Camera problems

Broken window.

Faulty Window Switch

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Thanks.

Hard to believe all the cleaning & lubrication shown on the spark plugs, PDK service video. Remove all engine cover plastics & take them to be washed?

I know Porsche has never cleansed any of that stuff on mine. I wipe most reachable stuff on the engine, every time I wash the car. But, I never clean the underside of the hood & neither does Porsche, despite many visits over 4 years.

I did not yet have the PDK service or spark plug service. I will DIY plugs @ 30K miles & pay someone maybe Porsche not do the PDK @ 40K miles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the tech in these videos clearly goes above and beyond. This level of service will be the exception, not the rule IMO. Still great videos if you're going to DIY or just curious about the process.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks.

Hard to believe all the cleaning & lubrication shown on the spark plugs, PDK service video. Remove all engine cover plastics & take them to be washed?

I know Porsche has never cleansed any of that stuff on mine. I wipe most reachable stuff on the engine, every time I wash the car. But, I never clean the underside of the hood & neither does Porsche, despite many visits over 4 years.

I did not yet have the PDK service or spark plug service. I will DIY plugs @ 30K miles & pay someone maybe Porsche not do the PDK @ 40K miles.
I think the tech in these videos clearly goes above and beyond. This level of service will be the exception, not the rule IMO. Still great videos if you're going to DIY or just curious about the process.
I will say, I take my Macan to Ryan @ Loeber and it is hands down THE BEST dealer service I've ever received. A distant 2nd was MB service when I had an Bi-Turbo ML63.

Loeber's thoughtfulness and customer-focus was above and beyond anything I've ever experienced from a dealership.

I do live in a crowded market, Chicago, so there are several options for me and Loeber wins hands down...even over the P-Car dealer that I bought my Macan from.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
What exactly did Ryan DO that makes you say above & beyond.

·
Registered
78 Posts

My question is when you have yours serviced @ 40k by the dealer do they really take off all the engine covers parts and wash rinse them clean? That's a very detailed maintenance they do from the video.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts