Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 200 of 625 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Does the Centre play any louder or softer than before ?

No doubt the Berm is a better driver.

2016 Macan T

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mathematically it should be 20% louder but I actually still hear the sound stage to the driver left-ish. I have a 1ohm resistor on the way and might try it out later. I was just so impressed that I kept it as-is. Ace of base popped on XM which seemed to be a good all around test.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Glad you got everything installed. It truly is a huge difference.

I’d recommend testing with some higher quality audio sources too. XM is maybe 64 kbits/s whereas Spotify’s highest quality is 320 kbits/s. If using Spotify on iOS, I’d also recommend setting the volume option to ‘Quiet’ which will preserve more of the dynamics.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Glad you got everything installed. It truly is a huge difference.

I’d recommend testing with some higher quality audio sources too. XM is maybe 64 kbits/s whereas Spotify’s highest quality is 320 kbits/s. If using Spotify on iOS, I’d also recommend setting the volume option to ‘Quiet’ which will preserve more of the dynamics.
Good idea. What is that audio analyzing app btw?

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Way back when we started these swaps I aquiredb the Burm mids , for doors.......with connectors....

I was hoping one might work for the Center, but it comes it at 2.7 ohms.
Dang.

2016 Macan T

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Hi,
I have never doesn’t that before.....
.what are the dis advantages ?

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Maybe add a non-inductive resistor? Like 1 ohm
That just reduces the power that makes it to the speaker. The actual power drawn from the amp is the same. There's also a drop in fidelity when using resistors.

Am I wrong?

·
Registered
513 Posts
V = I * R

Voltage should be constant (say 12V) and the current will go down if you increase the total resistance of the speaker. So 2.7 + 1 ohm from the dummy load should ~ equal the BOSE speaker.

Downside is that a speaker is not a pure resistor but also a inductor. Hence I recommended a non-inductive resistor to try and limit and impact to the fidelity. Another downside would be the wasted energy by the dummy resistor is put off as heat.

Power draw = V * I

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
I am not interested in reducing fidelity for sure.....

2016 Macan T

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
FYI, I found this old thread which describes a simple solution to fix a bit of door rattling I was experiencing. This literally solved 90-95% of my issue.

It's amazing how much better the system is now with just a few changes (tweeters, sub, felt, and disconnected center). I am super-happy.

·
Registered
2018 Macan Turbo
86 Posts
Hey guys tell me I’m not crazy here. Took out the sub box from my 2018 turbo and I have no amp on the sub enclosure. The sub says Bose on it, my door speaker grills say Bose on it. Am I missing something here? How is there not an amp connected to it like in @Draper pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
That is odd.....power Amp is no longer on the sub box ?
Here’s my 2016 after the driver swap

2016 Macan T

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
If your OEM sub is working ......I can only assume they relocated the amp to somewhere they can actually get heat sink dissipation......or its part of one amp now ?

It is not too effective on a plastic box, like mine, LOL

2016 Macan T

181 - 200 of 625 Posts