Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a deposit with my local Porsche Dealer for my Macan. But, I've come up with two things I can't find on the "Build Your Porsche" portion of the Porsche USA web site.

(1) In all their pictures of the Macan S they show it with a cool new metalic blue color. This looks to be a new blue, not one of the options on any other model of Porsche I can find. HOWEVER, the only blue listed for the Macan on their web site is "Dark Metalic Blue" ,which is a color they offer on many other models, and this is not the blue they show in the pictures of the Macan, nor what they displayed at the LA Auto Show. There is a "Sapphire Blue Metalic" for the Cayman, but it's a different blue, and is not shown for the Macan anyway.

(2) Under the "View All Media" portion of the Macan S section on Porsche's site, they have five pictures of an interior of the Macan that are a very light grey interior. HOWEVER, there is no option for a light grey interior for the Macan under "Build your Porsche" for the Macan.

I cannot believe that Porsche would have a new blue color that they use everywhere on their site and also when they introduce and display a new model, and then NOT offer this color as an option. I have to hope that they will very soon offer these color options on their site.

I plan to call Porsche USA on Monday and ask about this. I hope I get straight answers from them. If anyone has any info on these two issues please post.

Gordon

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I read something similar since I posted this last night. It was on a Rennlist forum for the Macan. Someone posted that someone else had seen a PDF for the German market that listed the Saphire Blue paint and a Light Grey interior as being available after October 2014.

If this is true I don't know why they select a color to showcase the new car that will not be available for six months after the first production cars are delivered. If it is Saphire Blue, that's not a new color. So, it makes no sense to withhold that color as a possibility for six months.

I hope the Blue shows up soon. But, now I'm not holding my breath. Here's the Quote from the Rennlist forum.

Gordon

=====================

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
PTS would be nice. They do not even offer the blue as seen on the media car….
According to the German pricelist in PDF, Sapphire blue will be available from october 2014, together with another "special" exterior color named Impulserot metallic (Impulse Red metallic).

Full leather Agate grey and Saddle brown interiors are also available from october 2014, as are two-tone Agate grey-Pebble grey and Saddle brown-Luxor Beige interiors.

Other "exclusive" options like several leather options and paint options (rear spoiler?) will probably show up in the configurator soon. One thing is for sure, the configurator is far from complete at the moment.

Suzy (via iOS app)

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Sapphire Blue Macan won't be on sale in North America until October 2014!? That kinda sucks. Gives Porsche something special to offer to people in a year's time though. Do you have any pictures of the light grey interior?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Sapphire Blue Macan won't be on sale in North America until October 2014!? That kinda sucks. Gives Porsche something special to offer to people in a year's time though. Do you have any pictures of the light grey interior?
If you go to the Macan section of the Porsche site, and near the collage of pictures click on the "show all media" you will get a lot of pictures. Further down that set of pictures you will see about five of a very light grey interior.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you go to the Macan section of the Porsche site, and near the collage of pictures click on the "show all media" you will get a lot of pictures. Further down that set of pictures you will see about five of a very light grey interior.
I'll have to check that out. Wont be another couple months before we get to see a Macan in person at one of the major world car shows.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I was set on a beige interior but my dealer asked me to rethink because he personally sees a lot of new cars returned because the beige/light dashboards reflect so much on the windscreen that driving becomes difficult or even dangerous.

I like the red/black so have ordered that, although if brown/black becomes available before my build starts I may change to that.

Also the "October" arrival of sapphire blue may not be correct, it was originally seen as "10/2014" somewhere which usually means Week 10.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are correct it means week 10. The person who posted about the 10/2014 subsequently talked to their dealer in Europe who said that it meant week 10, not month 10. That would put it at about mid March.

Also, someone at a dealer in the US confirmed that these paint colors and interiors are in the "training module" for dealers to learn about new cars, and he expects some of these interiors and paint colors to show up in the configurator "soon". Hard to guess what "soon" is.

For my part I'm spot checking the Porsche web site periodically to see when new options show up.

Gordon

·
Registered
972 Posts
You are correct it means week 10. The person who posted about the 10/2014 subsequently talked to their dealer in Europe who said that it meant week 10, not month 10. That would put it at about mid March.
Thanks for the confirmation... really hope that they add more options to the configurator before my order is locked in which is apparently around March too :eek:

I think I like the red exterior on this site's header :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its annoying when it come to color, I was about to pay deposit assuming it will be sapphire blue as per the press released images and model, but sales rep said "whatever blue is in the configuration tool that is the color I am going to get". I called 3 dealers in Texas (Houston & San Antonio) they have no knowledge when the Sapphire Blue will be available. So I decided to wait and see. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
53 Posts
not sure who told you that.
I've been told by two different dealers
South Shore Porsche and Manhattan Porsche
that paint to sample is available for $5k via Porsche Exclusive
that told me 2 persons from united states on forum rennlist.com. They had email from their dealers that paint to sample option is not available for macan, thats strange :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.