Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
any updates on this? Im about to pull the trigger on the ebay ones. thanks!
I got the eBay ones. Tips only. Didn’t care about having a louder exhaust sound. I can’t imagine what Porsche would charge for these but mine were listed on eBay for $329. After a couple of offers and counter offers we settled on $284 which included tax and shipping. My Porsche dealer wanted to charge me $200 to remove my existing tips and install the new ones. I tried to do it myself but I was bringing my car to get an oil change at my local service shop. They said they would do the switch at no charge. It came out awesome! Right after buying the car I bought aftermarket mud guards on eBay for cheap. I installed those myself. There’s not much else I want to do to it. I’m happy the way it looks Noelppw.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Tire

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I got the eBay ones. Tips only. Didn’t care about having a louder exhaust sound. I can’t imagine what Porsche would charge for these but mine were listed on eBay for $329. After a couple of offers and counter offers we settled on $284 which included tax and shipping. My Porsche dealer wanted to charge me $200 to remove my existing tips and install the new ones. I tried to do it myself but I was bringing my car to get an oil change at my local service shop. They said they would do the switch at no charge. It came out awesome! Right after buying the car I bought aftermarket mud guards on eBay for cheap. I installed those myself. There’s not much else I want to do to it. I’m happy the way it looks Noelppw. View attachment 242387 View attachment 242388
So do you call this your dinghy?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got the eBay ones. Tips only. Didn’t care about having a louder exhaust sound. I can’t imagine what Porsche would charge for these but mine were listed on eBay for $329. After a couple of offers and counter offers we settled on $284 which included tax and shipping. My Porsche dealer wanted to charge me $200 to remove my existing tips and install the new ones. I tried to do it myself but I was bringing my car to get an oil change at my local service shop. They said they would do the switch at no charge. It came out awesome! Right after buying the car I bought aftermarket mud guards on eBay for cheap. I installed those myself. There’s not much else I want to do to it. I’m happy the way it looks Noelppw. View attachment 242387 View attachment 242388
Looks amazing man, cant wait to show you guys my final prodcut once its done. You ever think about getting the Macan logo debadged off the back?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I did order the knock-off on eBay. The quality seems very good. But I thought this was an easy DYI. I unscrewed the 2 screws on the original tips and thought they could be pulled off and then slip on the replacements. The original tips wouldn’t budge. Was I mistaken or am I doing something wrong? (No wisecracks please).
I ran into the same problem. I got lucky when I brought my car in for an oil change at my local auto service business and the owner said they wouldn’t charge me for the switch. Easy peasy for them.
Looks amazing man, cant wait to show you guys my final prodcut once its done. You ever think about getting the Macan logo debadged off the back?
Nah. I just like the look better than the standard tips. After all, from what I’ve read, there is only about 1 second difference 0 to 60 between the base and the S. It wasn’t worth the $10K more for an S. I bought a CPO with 4K miles on it and the dealer already had put many of the options that the S comes with. There was a CPO S on the lot which had 30K on it, was a year older, and $11K more. I drove both. Not much different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, I finally was able to finish this project. Started this thread with a vision in mind, and I was able to make that vision come true with the help of some of you guys, nothing but thanks for that. I decided to black out my Base Macan, it looks amazing in my opinion.

PARTS:
I had ordered 2 parts of of Suncoastparts.com - Rim Center Caps (Black) and Dual Exhaust Tips (Black), pretty solid source for genuine Porsche parts, my parts came straight from Germany.
Black Rim Center Caps - $180
Black Exhaust Tips - $895
With Shipping + Tax the total was $1,185
Expensive, I know. But I wanted genuine parts on the Porsche, gotta treat that baby right!

LABOR:
I had the Macan logo debadged off the back, the rims painted, and then I had the Exhaust Tips installed at my dealer - I’ve seen around that people were able to exchange the Exhaust Tips themselves, I was dropping my car off for an oil change so I just had them throw on the Exhaust Tips as well.
Wheel Painting - $450
Debadging - $50
Exhaust Tip Installation - $150
Total Labor - $650

Between labor and parts, I spent an additional $1,835 (so far...) on my base model. I’ll have it for years, so I am honestly content with the price I had paid for these additions.

Looking forward to hearing your guys feedback, thoughts, complaints, or recommendations for what else to do to it. More then happy to help with any questions if anyone is looking to do something similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, I finally was able to finish this project. Started this thread with a vision in mind, and I was able to make that vision come true with the help of some of you guys, nothing but thanks for that. I decided to black out my Base Macan, it looks amazing in my opinion.

PARTS:
I had ordered 2 parts of of Suncoastparts.com - Rim Center Caps (Black) and Dual Exhaust Tips (Black), pretty solid source for genuine Porsche parts, my parts came straight from Germany.
Black Rim Center Caps - $180
Black Exhaust Tips - $895
With Shipping + Tax the total was $1,185
Expensive, I know. But I wanted genuine parts on the Porsche, gotta treat that baby right!

LABOR:
I had the Macan logo debadged off the back, the rims painted, and then I had the Exhaust Tips installed at my dealer - I’ve seen around that people were able to exchange the Exhaust Tips themselves, I was dropping my car off for an oil change so I just had them throw on the Exhaust Tips as well.
Wheel Painting - $450
Debadging - $50
Exhaust Tip Installation - $150
Total Labor - $650

Between labor and parts, I spent an additional $1,835 (so far...) on my base model. I’ll have it for years, so I am honestly content with the price I had paid for these additions.

Looking forward to hearing your guys feedback, thoughts, complaints, or recommendations for what else to do to it. More then happy to help with any questions if anyone is looking to do something similar.
looks amazing! i have my rims painted. just waiting for my Black tips to be delivered so I can install them. i love how they look on your car!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Soooooo glad I took the leap and did this. Literally took 5 minutes from start to finish. Took longer to find the correct socket size lol

my stick tips came off with a little twist and pull no need for a mallet

very high quality for a Chinese product. Very pleased with the finish on them! Took about a month to get here from Hong Kong

best upgrade yet! Love this car!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Soooooo glad I took the leap and did this. Literally took 5 minutes from start to finish. Took longer to find the correct socket size lol

my stick tips came off with a little twist and pull no need for a mallet

very high quality for a Chinese product. Very pleased with the finish on them! Took about a month to get here from Hong Kong

best upgrade yet! Love this car!!

View attachment 243027 View attachment 243028 View attachment 243029 View attachment 243030 View attachment 243031
wow amazing!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts