Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the 2020 Macan base, and I’m realizing how much better the dual exhaust tips look compared to the normal base exhaust tips. I am thinking about changing the base tips to the dual tips, as I’ve seen a couple people do on here. I was wondering if I do so, would it void my warranty? Or would I have to change them back to the base tips before bringing it in for any service? Appreciate any help and suggestions, been loving the car so far!

View attachment 238817

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
I can't see how a cosmetic change to the car of that nature would give Porsche cause to deny warranty service. Perhaps if you over tightened the replacement tip clamp and distorted the exhaust pipe and then tried to make a warranty claim, they would be justified denying warranty. That being said if you were able to tighten the clamp that much well you're pretty strong and those tips are pretty well made.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I changed the single tips to OEM twin tips on my 2020. Since I used an OEM part made for this application and it's installed correctly I have no concerns about warranty issues. Can't see how a tip would void a warranty unless it was aftermarket and was more restrictive to exhaust flow, not quality material and it caused the exhaust pipe to rust, or too big and melted the valance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the single tips to OEM twin tips on my 2020. Since I used an OEM part made for this application and it's installed correctly I have no concerns about warranty issues. Can't see how a tip would void a warranty unless it was aftermarket and was more restrictive to exhaust flow, not quality material and it caused the exhaust pipe to rust, or too big and melted the valance.

Appreciate the information, sounds like I’m in the clear to get these tips swapped out. That makes me a little more comfortable knowing an OEM part would bring less issues when I bring it into the dealership. You mind me asking where you got your OEM parts from? I’ve been doing some research, but its hard to come across some answers. I know people have mentioned ordering cheap China knockoffs from eBay, but I don’t know if I feel comfortable doing that.

Let me know, and all info is appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Appreciate the information, sounds like I’m in the clear to get these tips swapped out. That makes me a little more comfortable knowing an OEM part would bring less issues when I bring it into the dealership. You mind me asking where you got your OEM parts from? I’ve been doing some research, but its hard to come across some answers. I know people have mentioned ordering cheap China knockoffs from eBay, but I don’t know if I feel comfortable doing that.

Let me know, and all info is appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sparkydog one last question about that link, those are exhaust tips correct? They say tailpipes, but I am just looking to get the tips replaced, not a whole lot of labor needed for that. I just don’t want to place this order, and have a whole exhaust system come in the mail, basically just looking to get the tips replaces from the single exhaust to the dual exhaust.

Could be a stupid question but I thought I would ask, you’ve been great help and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sparkydog one last question about that link, those are exhaust tips correct? They say tailpipes, but I am just looking to get the tips replaced, not a whole lot of labor needed for that. I just don’t want to place this order, and have a whole exhaust system come in the mail, basically just looking to get the tips replaces from the single exhaust to the dual exhaust.

Could be a stupid question but I thought I would ask, you’ve been great help and I appreciate it.
Ha. I know, the price would be a whole exhaust system on a Toyota or Subaru, but not Por$che. No, these are just the tips. Choice of Chrome or Black, both look good. 2 screws on each tip, 15 minutes to swap out. Include your VIN and you'll be sure to get the right part.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I did order the knock-off on eBay. The quality seems very good. But I thought this was an easy DYI. I unscrewed the 2 screws on the original tips and thought they could be pulled off and then slip on the replacements. The original tips wouldn’t budge. Was I mistaken or am I doing something wrong? (No wisecracks please).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I did order the knock-off on eBay. The quality seems very good. But I thought this was an easy DYI. I unscrewed the 2 screws on the original tips and thought they could be pulled off and then slip on the replacements. The original tips wouldn’t budge. Was I mistaken or am I doing something wrong? (No wisecracks please).
hey boater,

I ordered the OEM parts from Suncoast Porsche Parts, they are currently backordered in Germany until 4/23 so I won’t be seeing them until around then. I thought it was an easy DIY as well based on what people were saying, hopefully my OEM parts fit snug when they come in. I can let you know my progress around 4/23 as well, just got the rims scheduled to get powder coated black.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey boater,

I ordered the OEM parts from Suncoast Porsche Parts, they are currently backordered in Germany until 4/23 so I won’t be seeing them until around then. I thought it was an easy DIY as well based on what people were saying, hopefully my OEM parts fit snug when they come in. I can let you know my progress around 4/23 as well, just got the rims scheduled to get powder coated black.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll be looking forward to hear about your experience.
Anyone else out there that has answer? I’m really anxious to get this done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I’ll be looking forward to hear about your experience.
Hey boater,

I forgot to mention, when I was picking out the exhaust tips on Suncoast Porsche Parts website, it asked if I had a generation 1 or a generation 2 Macan. Generation 1 is the years like 2015-2019 I think, then generation 2 was 2020-2021. I’m not sure what year you have, but they may have made some size changes that had an impact on the part you ordered based on the year of your Macan.

Just a thought, hope someone can help you figure it out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The base exhaust tip's pipe has 3-indented runners to center it over the Macan's exhaust pipe. The exhaust heat and water tend to fuse the exhaust tip's pipe to the Macan exhaust pipe. What you need to do is breakup the oxidation fusion in the friction fitting. You can do that by twisting the exhaust tip clock & counter-clockwise on the exhaust pipe and then pull it toward you. It can be a tight fit and may require a bit of force. If necessary you can also spray some liquid wrench between the two pipe fittings from the back side to help break up the fusion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The base exhaust tip's pipe has 3-indented runners to center it over the Macan's exhaust pipe. The exhaust heat and water tend to fuse the exhaust tip's pipe to the Macan exhaust pipe. What you need to do is breakup the oxidation fusion in the friction fitting. You can do that by twisting the exhaust tip clock & counter-clockwise on the exhaust pipe and then pull it toward you. It can be a tight fit and may require a bit of force. If necessary you can also spray some liquid wrench between the two pipe fittings from the back side to help break up the fusion.
This forum is fantastic. I knew someone would come to my rescue! A big thank you!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
any updates on this? Im about to pull the trigger on the ebay ones. thanks!
My parts were actually backrordered until 4/23, they sent me an update last week that they wont have them in until today, 5/7 so hopefully they ship them out next Monday. Mine came from the Porsche factory in Germany so I’m guessing the delay was on their end, I don‘t see a big delay like mine if you pull trigger on the eBay ones.

Give me a week and I’ll have a better update on my side for my progress. Looking forward to finally getting these parts and installing them after this wait....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts