Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also put on the aftermarket black quad tips. After a couple weeks I noticed one was crooked. I wiggled it and it was loose. I tightened it back up and all seemed fine. A few days later I wiggled it again and it moved. I think maybe the metal clamp is stretching. I'm lucky I did not lose one. To be safe I removed them, put a little epoxy across the bottom of the exhaust pipe, and clamped the tip back on. I don't think it will move now.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    235.3 KB Views: 344

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
270 Posts
Deleted.

·
Registered
2018 Macan S
270 Posts
Just got a set through Amazon. Very fast delivery, and a real improvement over the "square boxes" that came stock. Fit up and quality was excellent. Had to gently use a rubber mallet to convince the old ones to come off. The only issue I had was getting then new tip on the right side to slide on, very tight fit-up.

Apologies for double post, having computer issues. :(

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not a Base Macan, but I have been through a few exhaust tip options, first black chrome, then chrome, then carbon fiber and finally found the round ones I like. Agree the 4 rounds look great. The carbons were a Remus knock-off from China, looked cool, but I settled on the rolled-lip round stainless steel.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not a Base Macan, but I have been through a few exhaust tip options, first black chrome, then chrome, then carbon fiber and finally found the round ones I like. Agree the 4 rounds look great. The carbons were a Remus knock-off from China, looked cool, but I settled on the rolled-lip round stainless steel.
I agree a rolled lip is best. Carson looks cheap and non-sporty. My runner up option was a thin wall pure racing ? exhausts. The turbo with performance kit has the rolled lip in stainless.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Trued... my Turbo is with Performance Package.. didn't you notice I gained an "S" with the rolled stainless tips? ��

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the stock exhaust tips on the base Macan, so swapped them out for some black chrome mirror finish GTS style tips. Sourced them from Rolling-Gears for $304 landed cost. They shipped from Hong Kong and were delivered within a week of ordering. I'm pretty happy with the result (and yes, I know the car badly needs cleaning, but it's starting to snow again!!).
I bought it 5 months ago directly from (Rolling Gears Performance Porsche Macan GTS-Look Exhaust Muffler Tips (Matte hairline)) and I am very disappointed. After about 4 months, there were clear signs of corrosion and unfortunately the charm of my upgrade was over. In addition, as I informed the customer service (I sent the picture attached), they completely ignored me and their answer was that: They sent me confirmation of the transaction and confirmation of delivery. Not worth the huge money. Well, but it's just made n china

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very easy to swap out. unscrew two screws from each stock tip and bolt on new tips and tighten. Cost, was $300 shipped.
Folks, newbie here... just got the 2020 Macan base and would like to do the same, plan to swap out the exhaust tip with the ebay one but I am not 100% sure if the ebay one would fit. I am not sure if the exhaust for the 2020 is the same as the prior years' model as shown in these pictures? I crawled under the car, it looked the same but not sure since the existing tip covered a portion of the exhaust pipe - I assume it is still a single pipe (not duel)? Can anyone here please confirm? Thanks!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got a set through Amazon. Very fast delivery, and a real improvement over the "square boxes" that came stock. Fit up and quality was excellent. Had to gently use a rubber mallet to convince the old ones to come off. The only issue I had was getting then new tip on the right side to slide on, very tight fit-up.

Apologies for double post, having computer issues. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t check the forums that often so I apologize if the answer has been posted already. Which ones did you get on Amazon and do they offer the shiny silver ones?

·
Registered
2018 Base
29 Posts
I'm unable to get the tips of my 2018 base to come off. Removed both T30 screws from the bottom. They won't move with any wiggling side to side. Even hit the back of the tips with a hammer as much as I dared. Neither of them will budge even the slightest.

I don't think I should need to hammer with so much force. Am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Most people need to give them a few good whacks with a rubber mallet (not a hammer).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts