Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought we'd throw together a quick video so you can hear the differences between the two most popular exhaust options on the Macan. Recorded on the Macan S.

AWE Tuning -Touring Edition:

Remus Axle-Back w/ Cross-Over Pipe:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is it just me or does the .2 look a lot faster doing those launches?

·
Registered
115 Posts
What exhaust options exist for the base 2.0T model?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see what they mean now by the .2 being buzzy. Not bad, just different. I prefer remus on the .1, but the AWE on the .2.

Really wish some of these slip on cat backs came with "squared" Turbo type tips. I love the look so much on the turbo.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My .2 GTS definitely feels faster than my .1, but the noise just isn't in the same league. The .1 sounds so much nicer with a deep growl whereas that .2 sounds very "raspy". Sound more 4cyl than 6 or 8 cyl.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My .2 GTS definitely feels faster than my .1, but the noise just isn't in the same league. The .1 sounds so much nicer with a deep growl whereas that .2 sounds very "raspy". Sound more 4cyl than 6 or 8 cyl.
I was hoping the Aussie models had the exhaust all the way up as we don't have the petrol filters due to our fuel.

·
Registered
930 Posts
.1 with that AWE.... ah man, that is sweet-sounding for a SUV!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Vendor
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What exhaust options exist for the base 2.0T model?

·
Registered
76 Posts
.1 sounds way better IMO. the .2 almost has that Nissan VQ/Infiniti sound which i'm familiar with bc i owned one in my younger days. .1 has a noticeable throatier and deeper tone.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I was hoping the Aussie models had the exhaust all the way up as we don't have the petrol filters due to our fuel.
It's not a volume issue imo, it's a tone issue. The .2 has nice pops and crackles on downshift in S+ mode, but it just doesn't have the deep burble my MY17 GTS had. Volume wise I'd say it's quite similar.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It's not a volume issue imo, it's a tone issue. The .2 has nice pops and crackles on downshift in S+ mode, but it just doesn't have the deep burble my MY17 GTS had. Volume wise I'd say it's quite similar.
I don't suppose doing the Aussie muffler mod is an option to make the GTS gen II loud ?

·
Supporting Vendor
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From outside the vehicle, they're pretty similar in terms of volume, maybe the .1 is a tad louder, I really don't know. Certainly a different tone. The .1 to me, has a slightly deeper air sound to it (more traditional turbo exhaust sound). The .2 has a little more of a pitch to it. I think both sound pretty good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You guys are crazy. I guess it's my age.:cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Great video comparison of the .1 and .2. Makes me appreciate the tone of my 2018...in lieu of exponentially better PCM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts