Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Quick question - Recently I gave my 2018 Macan for servicing. Since then my macan's 4-point led light does not work when I unlock the door. I am very sure it used work before - when I unlocked the door led lights used to turn on.

Am I just imagining or something is wrong now.

Any advice.

Thanks,
Murali

·
Registered
139 Posts
They definitely do come on during unlock and/or opening the door after sitting unlocked.

There is a timer setting in the PCM for this (steering wheel and cluster gauge). Maybe they turned it down to 0 seconds or something? I put mine to 60 seconds. I believe it's called something obvious like Exterior Light Timer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
.....I am very sure it used work before - when I unlocked the door led lights used to turn on......
Hello and welcome to the group!

Any chance the dealership turned the headlight switch to "Off" instead of leaving it in "Auto"?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I usually turn my switch to off when parked.I turn it to auto when driving. Having the headlights turn on prior to starting probably isn't doing your battery any favors. I do the same thing on my Wife's Lexus. That battery lasted nearly eight years.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I usually turn my switch to off when parked.I turn it to auto when driving. Having the headlights turn on prior to starting probably isn't doing your battery any favors. I do the same thing on my Wife's Lexus. That battery lasted nearly eight years.
My recently replaced Cayenne was 9 years old and did 200,000klms and sold with original battery still going strong. It has been left in auto mode the whole time so I don’t think you have anything to worry about

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I leave my light switch off and operate it manually when I need them but I believe all modern cars switch off the electrics when the starter is engaged for the very purpose of diverting battery amps to the starter. This includes the A/C and radio. Of course I still turn the A/C off before shutting the car off to make sure it's not on when I start it (yeah, I know....).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts