Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to make things a bit more painful for those of us who have already "decided" on a spec :D here are the options I know of that will be made available once the Macan goes into production. If these cannot be selected before existing orders get locked in, then missing out on these is the price to pay for having one of the first Macans.

Exterior:
Sports tailpipes (chrome-plated stainless steel or black finish)
21" Sport Classic wheel (GT silver metallic, Black gloss or Platinum satin)

Metallic paint: Sapphire blue

Special paint: Impulse red

Interior:
Whitewashed oak trim

Leather interior: Saddle brown

Two-tone: Black/saddle brown

Two-tone: Agate grey/pebble grey

Two-tone: Saddle brown/luxor beige

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm liking the Impulse Red with Saddle Brown or Two-tone Black/Saddle Brown. I have the Cocoa full leather in my 911, very smart & understated.

The Sport Classic rims in Plat Satin or Gloss Black will be very nice.

Any idea when these options will be up on the configuration?

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw October 2014 in US for the paint and tailpipe options - not biting, probably more stuff to come, must have sooner...
10/2014 = Week 10, not month 10 :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Week or Month?

The site you link doesn't say "November", it says "11/2014" - the issue is whether it is WEEK 11 or MONTH 11. Also the site you link only refences "tailpipe options" and not a specific reference to PSE.

Any more clarity would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Black wheels?

Agree with Wintermute, clunky wheels. But gloss black wheel option is appreciated. Any chance we'll see black finish in any other styles?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the consensus is that it's "weeks" when we see 10/2014.
(1) As has been said above, it's how Germany seems to refer to their production.
(2) On the Rennlist forum a member named Suzy went to her local dealer in Switzerland who confirmed for her that it was weeks, not months.
(3) Also on Rennlist a salesperson at a San Francisco (USA) Porsche dealer posted that he has taken the "training" program that sales people take to get up to speed on new Porsche models and said from that his understanding was that many of the options such as paint and interior colors would be showing up in the configurator soon.

Gordon

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, but I don't understand where "weeks" comes into this, the site clearly says "November 2014 at the earliest" (that would be "week" 26 or so). See below, end of page ref. to tailpipe options:

The new Porsche Macan. Life, intensified.

No offense, just want to be sure everyone has the correct info.
The document my info came from is dated "23/2013". It also refers to other times such as "19/2014" and "46/2014". It is the week number :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The site you link doesn't say "November", it says "11/2014" - the issue is whether it is WEEK 11 or MONTH 11. Also the site you link only refences "tailpipe options" and not a specific reference to PSE.

Any more clarity would be appreciated.
I can only find reference to "sports tailpipes" but it doesn't say "sports exhaust" anywhere. Hopefully they are the same thing, as many photos show the PSE button on the centre console.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.