Porsche Macan Forum banner

Macan 2.0 T anyone?

45271 Views 59 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  tategoi
Hello there,

I just wanted to check if someone already is pre-ordering the new Macan 2.0T or if you live in UK already ordered one? It would be interesting to see if we see many people here that order this. My Dealer called me if I was interested on one for my wife (as she always says to him about our macan turbo), but meh 240hp for a Porsche??? no thanks. I got her a GLA 45 AMG (btw is a FU*** blast).

Anyway back to the topic, anyone wants??
Reactions: 1
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
I need to know

I have a 2.0T Macan and it works great.
Does not feel sluggish at all. It pulls much better than my lexus with a 3.0V6.
Also fuel economy is good.
Hi i am in the USA and i need a car and the macan 2.0t is cheap and is a Porsche which i love I need to know how reliable it is with the new engine thanks

Seth
The Audi 2.0T is essentially bulletproof. Pretty sure it would survive a trip to Jupiter. The 3 my dealer has on order are roughly C$24,000 less than the 3 Macan Ss that they also list on their web site. So that's quite a discount to the premium of a dealer configured S. And still a step up from most CUVs like Lexus etc.
I'm on my third Audi 2.0T and very happy with them (06, 11, 15, although the 2011 suffered from the oil consumption issue, but Audi fixed it for free even though it had 80k miles on it). They are very spirited 4 cylinders that deliver great fuel economy, are very reliable, and easy to work on. When Porsche announced the 2.0T Macan for the US I knew we would get one.
I heard the big issue with Q5 is its subpar steering.
I heard the big issue with Q5 is its subpar steering.
If there is an issue with that, there are sure tons and tons of people sub parring their steering around the world. Heck, maybe that why my neighbor dang near runs over me in her Q5 every time she is pulling out of the driveway and I happen to be walking by. :D
Reactions: 3
I am more interested if Porsche does come out with a baby SUV (seen the article somewhere on this forum) IMO the I-4 suits it much better.
Reactions: 2
If there is an issue with that, there are sure tons and tons of people sub parring their steering around the world. Heck, maybe that why my neighbor dang near runs over me in her Q5 every time she is pulling out of the driveway and I happen to be walking by. :D
No, I'm guessing she's distracted by the suave, debonair, Macan driver who just happens to be walking by every time she's pulling out of her driveway. Good timing, @WHT TGR.:D
Reactions: 3
Any 2.0 deliveries in the US?

My SA says there's a bunch waiting in Rhode Island.
Dealers expect their first cars this week. I think this will really accomplish what Porsche set out to do with the Macan from the outset: get new, younger buyers into the brand. You can all hate on the 2.0T Macan but many of the competitors' CUVs use this size engine. It might not be as fast as an S or a Turbo, but it will be the pick of the range in terms of handling prowess. If it can nip its littermates at Porsche, imagine how it will stack up against the rest of the CUVs out there.

Would have been cool to see Porsche use the flat four from the 718s.
I tested it last week. Here are my thoughts (being a GTS owner):

It's very quit and the 4 cylinder sound is not noticable until high revs. It's very smooth, but lacks of course the refinement of the 6. At least it's quiet.

It's not very quick, but not slow either. I would say it's the minimium of power this car should have. But probably ok for people who are looking for the Porsche experience (the build quality, looks etc) but are not interested in the power.

Getting into my GTS after the test drive was like driving another type of car, of course. But the GTS has a price that's not comparable to the 2.0. In Norway, where I live, the price difference is $60000!

My SA says he tested the 2.0 with the sport exhaust, and he said the experience was on another level because of the impact of the exhaust. So that was a "must have" on that engine.

/c
Reactions: 5

It's very quit and the 4 cylinder sound is not noticable until high revs. It's very smooth, but lacks of course the refinement of the 6. At least it's quiet.

It's not very quick, but not slow either. I would say it's the minimium of power this car should have. But probably ok for people who are looking for the Porsche experience (the build quality, looks etc) but are not interested in the power.

Getting into my GTS after the test drive was like driving another type of car, of course. But the GTS has a price that's not comparable to the 2.0. In Norway, where I live, the price difference is $60000!

My SA says he tested the 2.0 with the sport exhaust, and he said the experience was on another level because of the impact of the exhaust. So that was a "must have" on that engine.

/c
Wow! A 60k difference! That's crazy. Good to hear it's still a Macan. I'm sure many will opt for one, not only for the price differential, but for the mileage it must get.

/c
Well I took a look online and that sport exhaust system is almost 3k.:eek::eek::eek:That's an awful lot of coin to pay for sing that exhaust song.
I ordered the S without the PSE, and now I wish I had as retrofitting it costs much more!!
I ordered the S without the PSE, and now I wish I had as retrofitting it costs much more!!
I guess to each his own. I thought the exhaust note on the S was pretty good and plenty loud, woke my daughter up out of a sleep once just starting the ignition. I am guessing their is no exhaust note on the 2.0.
If someone is getting the 2.0 Macan and spends 3k on the SE, for another 3 k or so, they can get the S with a pretty decent note. Unless there is more to it than the note itself?
I guess to each his own. I thought the exhaust note on the S was pretty good and plenty loud, woke my daughter up out of a sleep once just starting the ignition. I am guessing their is no exhaust note on the 2.0.
If someone is getting the 2.0 Macan and spends 3k on the SE, for another 3 k or so, they can get the S with a pretty decent note. Unless there is more to it than the note itself?
I also wish it did more than just the more pronounced exhaust, but unfortunately that's all. Be that as it may, my S actually became very 'quiet' after hitting 10,000 kms!!!! My guess is that the engine is further broken-in; power is actually a little better, but to me it's a little too quiet! It's great when driving normally, but the thrill is missing in that occasional spirited driving. That's why I like the on/off feature, then you get the best of both worlds.

I also have heat/sound insulated glass, possible a contributing factor.
Thanks for the post

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Anyone else?
Anyone else?
Expected delivery some time this month, 2.0T with PSE and Chrono Package 0:) I don't think I could afford a Porsche if not for the 4-pot engine. Paid more than USD200,000 for it in my part of the world though :(
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.