Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,

I just wanted to check if someone already is pre-ordering the new Macan 2.0T or if you live in UK already ordered one? It would be interesting to see if we see many people here that order this. My Dealer called me if I was interested on one for my wife (as she always says to him about our macan turbo), but meh 240hp for a Porsche??? no thanks. I got her a GLA 45 AMG (btw is a FU*** blast).

Anyway back to the topic, anyone wants??

Reactions: L_K

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically a Porsche with an Audi engine. No thx. I'm good with my S

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What is a Macan 2.0T? Is that the 4 cylinder version?

·
Registered
515 Posts
What is a Macan 2.0T? Is that the 4 cylinder version?
Yes, VW/Audi four-cylinder 2.0L Turbo engine. Same as in a bunch of USA VW's and Audi's. Base engine for the Audi Q5 in the USA. A good engine with good fuel economy, great for a Golf or Jetta, OK for a Passat, but pretty anemic for a heavy vehicle like a Macan. It is the reason I didn't buy an Audi and stepped up to a Porsche Macan S. If they had the Audi Allroad with the 3.0T (six-cylinder supercharged) engine I might have considered it. Very glad I went with the Macan S.

·
Registered
414 Posts
:eek:
Yes, VW/Audi four-cylinder 2.0L Turbo engine. Same as in a bunch of USA VW's and Audi's. Base engine for the Audi Q5 in the USA. A good engine with good fuel economy, great for a Golf or Jetta, OK for a Passat, but pretty anemic for a heavy vehicle like a Macan. It is the reason I didn't buy an Audi and stepped up to a Porsche Macan S. If they had the Audi Allroad with the 3.0T (six-cylinder supercharged) engine I might have considered it. Very glad I went with the Macan S.
From what I read it's no slouch I believe 0-60 in 6 sec mark but I see this as the beginning of Porsche entering wider market following Audi. A Porsche with a VW engine.....:eek: next we will See a Porsche hatchback and don't say never ever look at Macan and Cayenne from the VW group of cars.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
As of now there are no plans for Porsche to offer the Macan 2.0 T in the US. I am assuming that VAG does not want to offer a vehicle here that could affect Audi sales.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Another Porsche with a VW engine. Remember the Porsche 914? Also, the six cylinder Cayenne comes with the VW VR6 engine.

Perhaps this is the better value for those shopping price. Instead of keeping 15k in your pocket vs. the turbo you can save more like 25k and still get the interior, suspension and the badge...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Let's hope this never makes it to the US. Q5 was nice in 2010 when it was 3.2 and there weren't too many on the road. Then they released this goofy 2.0T and now there's 10 trillion of them around. Snore.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Let's hope this never makes it to the US. Q5 was nice in 2010 when it was 3.2 and there weren't too many on the road. Then they released this goofy 2.0T and now there's 10 trillion of them around. Snore.
Exactly. Wife has a 3.2 Q5, a pretty decent vehicle, but now you see the 2.0's everywhere in SoCal; a little deflating. Pretty soon, my wife will want to upgrade to the Macan - no way, it's mine sweetheart!

·
Registered
477 Posts
As of now there are no plans for Porsche to offer the Macan 2.0 T in the US. I am assuming that VAG does not want to offer a vehicle here that could affect Audi sales.
My Porsche salesperson has told me that the four cylinder Macans are coming to the US in Q2 2015.
I sure hope he's wrong, but he works at the dealership, so...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree. The only consolation, I guess, is that we'll have the S (or Turbo), which is like having an SQ5 instead of a Q5, or an S4 instead of an A4...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My Porsche salesperson has told me that the four cylinder Macans are coming to the US in Q2 2015.
I sure hope he's wrong, but he works at the dealership, so...
From what I heard is that we are not getting the Macan 2.0 T, but rather a Macan S Diesel with a 3.0-liter turbodiesel V6. This makes more sense for the US market, it would be the same engine found in the Cayenne Diesel and the Audi Q5 TD.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I don't care one way or another if we get 2.0T in the states or now. More choices the better I suppose. I can see why I would consider the four cylinder in places like Singapore or Hong Kong. Small urban space with not much room to get up to high speed. Also the fact that four cylinder Macan is already well over 100k over there.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Exactly. Wife has a 3.2 Q5, a pretty decent vehicle, but now you see the 2.0's everywhere in SoCal; a little deflating. Pretty soon, my wife will want to upgrade to the Macan - no way, it's mine sweetheart!
Yes we have the 3.2 it's solid. Cutting edge body styling. But the market is so over saturated with them now it's just another ho hum SUV. It's one of the nicest but nothing unique about it anymore, everyone has it.

VAG hit a grand slam with the Q5 in the US it makes perfect sense they would try to replicate it with the Macan. I hope not but it seems inevitable. There won't be as many as Q5s though at least, you're not getting a Porsche in the mid 30s...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Gag me. I'd rather we not get it. Kinda like owning the expensive house in the neighborhood and then the rif raf moves in. Pulls the property values down.

·
Registered
951 Posts
In other places they tax according to the displacement, so smaller engines are popular. I think it's likely there will be a Macan (non-S) base model at some point. Porsche is known to be developing a turbo flat-4 for Boxster/Cayman applictions, but that will probably not be used in the Macan due to packaging reasons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered one for my daily commute to work and occasional trips to the mall, grocery, school, etc. I think this is perfect for where I live (Philippines) where traffic is crazy and hardly any roads where you can push the pedal. I test drove one and was quite satisfied with the power. Anyway, on weekends where traffic is less, I have my Targa 4s to play around with.

Prices here too are absurd with bigger displacement engines getting higher tax. I paid $112t for mine with just a few basic options. The Macan S would set me back $140t.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts