Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
www.autotempest.com & don't rule out Craigslist. Look everyday, multiple times a day, set up searches, be prepared to travel to buy the right one or have it shipped to you. Found my '17 Macan GTS listed on Craigslist 600 miles from where I live. The seller traded it in before we could finalize the deal, but then I found it again a couple days later at a Mercedes dealer from an autotempest link from a cars.com listing. Paid less for it from the Merc dealer than what I had negotiated with original seller. Some people are just not very smart when trading cars in.

Took me 3 months of using all the internet sources to find the right one.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
465 Posts
That is such a minor ding, but it's a nice new vehicle. I would also want the vehicle repaired. I am seeing several CPO GTS' nationwide with 1-2 accidents on record too. They must all be minor enough to pass that extensive CPO checklist. We would be insuring with USAA which only uses OEM replacement parts.
The extensive CPO checklist is worth less than the paper it’s printed on. There are examples here of undisclosed accidents, etc. I would not make any assumption about the history of the vehicle from it being CPO. The only assumption to make is that you will have a warranty for x months.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
The extensive CPO checklist is worth less than the paper it’s printed on. There are examples here of undisclosed accidents, etc. I would not make any assumption about the history of the vehicle from it being CPO. The only assumption to make is that you will have a warranty for x months.
It also implies the simple fact that a dealership “certifies it was previously owned “. I’ve mentioned on this and several other forums that a dealership can certify a vehicle even if it’s been in an accident and repaired. It used to be that as long as they reused the same panel, bumper, hood they could still certify it. Even with multiple panels damaged.

However, I’m sure that policy has changed... or not.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
That is such a minor ding, but it's a nice new vehicle. I would also want the vehicle repaired. I am seeing several CPO GTS' nationwide with 1-2 accidents on record too. They must all be minor enough to pass that extensive CPO checklist. We would be insuring with USAA which only uses OEM replacement parts.
It was minor enough that I didn't even recall it until I saw it on the car fax . Either way it was addressed and properly remedied . In 40K miles one is bound to face a ding or a chip but this was the only thing with that car . My 2016 Macan Turbo was different story . It was rear ended hard enough to cause 3500 dollars damage and I did not even want to bother fixing it. . I took the car the next day in crashed condition , called my insurance company and traded it in for a 2017 lot car GTS . My dealership did not put that car on their lot . They sent it right to auction .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
www.autotempest.com & don't rule out Craigslist. Look everyday, multiple times a day, set up searches, be prepared to travel to buy the right one or have it shipped to you. Found my '17 Macan GTS listed on Craigslist 600 miles from where I live. The seller traded it in before we could finalize the deal, but then I found it again a couple days later at a Mercedes dealer from an autotempest link from a cars.com listing. Paid less for it from the Merc dealer than what I had negotiated with original seller. Some people are just not very smart when trading cars in.

Took me 3 months of using all the internet sources to find the right one.

View attachment 238321
That is so awesome, congrats on scoring the same car at a better price!! I love Autotempest, I found my 1998 C43 using Autotempest back in 2018. We are using Autotempest, Carfax.com, FB Marketplace, this forum, and I am about to look at Rennlist and have friends in certain regions of the US to review cars for us like the PNW. I'm the kind of person who uses Autotempst for fun lol. One thing that is somewhat stopping us on these higher mileage cars (40-50k) is, an uncertainty with maintenance intervals being completed. If I have no evidence that a PDK service was done at 40k, I'm hesitant to purchase. The DSG/S-Tronic flushes I am accustom to were also every 40k, and it helped with the life of the transmission. I assume PDK is the same (our local dealer quoted me 1200 for the service which isn't too bad). I'm used to turbo cars eating oil and needing oil changes in half the recommended service intervals, so I am also looking for regular oil changes or receipts if possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It was minor enough that I didn't even recall it until I saw it on the car fax . Either way it was addressed and properly remedied . In 40K miles one is bound to face a ding or a chip but this was the only thing with that car . My 2016 Macan Turbo was different story . It was rear ended hard enough to cause 3500 dollars damage and I did not even want to bother fixing it. . I took the car the next day in crashed condition , called my insurance company and traded it in for a 2017 lot car GTS . My dealership did not put that car on their lot . They sent it right to auction .
People drive like shi* these days, so I am totally ok with a minor accident or ding here and there. We have a keen eye for paint and body imperfections, so we do prefer to buy in state if possible. We just turned down a deal in the PNW for a GTS that just didn't feel right. rear-end accident on record but no noticeable repair to my friend who inspected or salesman, front bumper had a large parking scrape which needed possible paint repair, wheels all curbed to **** (including 1 tire being cut), no PDK service called out on carfax, and the car was at 52k miles which equated to a possible 2800 dollar maintenance repair once it got to 60k at my local dealer(that is for PDK and 60k maintenance). The dealer basically bought it at auction, changed the oil and put it on the lot as-is. They told me they don't CPO many cars, and I also tried to get a Fidelity warranty quote from Troy, but he couldn't help me with this one since its out of manufacturers warranty :(

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
People drive like shi* these days, so I am totally ok with a minor accident or ding here and there. We have a keen eye for paint and body imperfections, so we do prefer to buy in state if possible. We just turned down a deal in the PNW for a GTS that just didn't feel right. rear-end accident on record but no noticeable repair to my friend who inspected or salesman, front bumper had a large parking scrape which needed possible paint repair, wheels all curbed to **** (including 1 tire being cut), no PDK service called out on carfax, and the car was at 52k miles which equated to a possible 2800 dollar maintenance repair once it got to 60k at my local dealer(that is for PDK and 60k maintenance). The dealer basically bought it at auction, changed the oil and put it on the lot as-is. They told me they don't CPO many cars, and I also tried to get a Fidelity warranty quote from Troy, but he couldn't help me with this one since its out of manufacturers warranty :(
I know we are strangers but I have been here fir years and have even met several. In person over that time . I give my word that we took good care of that car . Anyone who gets it can’t deny it has some miles but that it was not in any way mistreated . No matter what you end up eith I wish you the best with it .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Great news team: We decided to take a second look at the 2018 GTS that our local dealer had, and we struck a deal!!!

2018, CPO, still under factory warranty, and it's so nice. Checked off all of our "need to have" boxes like Roof rails and Sports seats among other items!!

Here is the Build sheet details
BASEMacan GTS
2HVolcano Grey Metallic
3S5Roof Rails in Black
5TLPiano Black Interior Package
6FBSportDesign Side Mirrors
6H3Carbon Fiber Side Blades
7UGNavigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
FALeather Package with Alcantara? in Black
IV2Porsche Connect Plus
PE6Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
PJ8Premium Package Plus
QR5Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
V9521" Sport Classic Wheels in Black**

** The car doesn't have the Sport Classic wheels, but does have 21 inch black Turbo wheels

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Great news team: We decided to take a second look at the 2018 GTS that our local dealer had, and we struck a deal!!!

2018, CPO, still under factory warranty, and it's so nice. Checked off all of our "need to have" boxes like Roof rails and Sports seats among other items!!

Here is the Build sheet details
BASEMacan GTS
2HVolcano Grey Metallic
3S5Roof Rails in Black
5TLPiano Black Interior Package
6FBSportDesign Side Mirrors
6H3Carbon Fiber Side Blades
7UGNavigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
FALeather Package with Alcantara? in Black
IV2Porsche Connect Plus
PE6Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
PJ8Premium Package Plus
QR5Sport Chrono Package i.c.w. PCM
V9521" Sport Classic Wheels in Black**

** The car doesn't have the Sport Classic wheels, but does have 21 inch black Turbo wheels
looks great !! congrats !I actually like the Turbo wheels more . Post pics when you get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, it sort of snowed 5-6 inches today in Austin. We waited for the snow to melt before taking the car around our neighborhood for some rolling shots. I did some quick Adobe Lightroom editing, so the volcano gray looks different in some of these shots. We'll head to our closest park for some fresh rollers once the weather improves.

My new avatar photo.

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
465 Posts
Love the badge in snow pic. Volcano Grey is in my top 2 for colors, looks awesome. Congrats and enjoy. Just don' start looking at mods unless you are ready to go through the looking glass...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Love the badge in snow pic. Volcano Grey is in my top 2 for colors, looks awesome. Congrats and enjoy. Just don' start looking at mods unless you are ready to go through the looking glass...
Just looked up the cost for the Tech Art lowering module...jeez. We plan to keep this one stock for a while. I just want to get some OEM accessories and goodies like the 21 inch sport classics, maybe some 20 inch spyder wheels to save some money when tire replacement time comes. Just got the OEM roof rails in the mail, so those will go on soon.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts