Porsche Macan Forum banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had HR springs installed. 1.5” lower in front 1.25“ in rear at the top of the wheel well, making the front a little lower than the rear over stock looks a lot better. Handles much better a little harder ride but not an issue if your used to 911’s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
F737E881-81CC-4C5B-85CD-9AB039011DCA.jpeg
047EB977-BBC3-4E70-A52A-BAD8DEB58945.jpeg
Just had HR springs installed. 1.5” lower in front 1.25“ in rear at the top of the wheel well, making the front a little lower than the rear over stock looks a lot better. Handles much better a little harder ride but not an issue if your used to 911’s.
R

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone got long term reviews on the KW H.A.S kit?

I am leaning toward this kit to try even out the rear rake bias that the H&R springs have.

·
Registered
16 macan s
20 Posts
Has anyone got long term reviews on the KW H.A.S kit?

I am leaning toward this kit to try even out the rear rake bias that the H&R springs have.
I cant say about the kw kit but my bc kit still has a rake rears will only go so low u could take the rake out if u don't go that low but I think u would be better off keeping ur money and staying with the springs is just my opinion like I said I dont really know if the kw suffer like the bc coilovers in the rear

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I cant say about the kw kit but my bc kit still has a rake rears will only go so low u could take the rake out if u don't go that low but I think u would be better off keeping ur money and staying with the springs is just my opinion like I said I dont really know if the kw suffer like the bc coilovers in the rear
What is your other language? I need translation. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I get what Guchi1124 is saying, that his car has a rear rake bias (higher) in the rear with the BC coilovers he installed.

I've seen a few members have installed the KW HAS springs, hopefully they chime in soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you look at the before and afters photos I posted you will see the bias changed, top photo is after. Stock is higher in the front bias. With the HR the front is lowered by 1.5”, rear 1.25” which I think looks a lot better with slightly lower front. I can‘t think of any performance car with a higher front and I’m not taking this to Tahoe very often so clearance is not an issue for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am using Eibach ProKit coilspring and I think is the best OEM lowered look.

(Front 1.2" and Rear 1.0")

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems that the lowering is varied based on your cars options (axle weight). Mine seems much higher in the rear than some which makes me lean more towards the adjustable KW springs (not coilovers) to be able to even out the rake.
127913496_866596870829557_889057700651900687_n.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
How does it affect the drive?
1. Road noise more or less?
2. The cornering?
3. The tire wear?
4. Any other thoughts before and after?
Thanks
Patrick
It does not affect the drive, I didn't see the difference. The lowering is only 1.2inch and 1.0inch, so it's not a big lowered.

After installing the coil spring, you have to do an alignment. It's only to have better look and maybe the cornering is a lil bit more stiffer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those that had lowering springs installed, are you having the dealer install the springs? Or do you purchase and then go to an independent service center? Would any Porsche Authorized service center be able to do this install?

·
Registered
80 Posts
For those that had lowering springs installed, are you having the dealer install the springs? Or do you purchase and then go to an independent service center? Would any Porsche Authorized service center be able to do this install?
For me, I went to an independent service center to install the lowered springs and then the allingment.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts